Is anyone having the issue of their wallpaper frequently distorting (spreading and becoming grainy) and then going back to normal? I apologize if this has already been addressed but I could not find a thread in the forum. It's quite annoying. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    08-25-10 03:49 PM
    I have an intermittent problem like that with the wallpaper, but it seems related to using wallpaper through Berry Weather to get the temp and conditions to display on top of the wallpaper. The only way I can get it to go back to normal is to reselect the wallpaper.
    08-25-10 03:54 PM
    Interesting................

Users have seen this on devices running 5.0 builds. 96XX, 9700, 95XX

They mention, and I have seen it also. The images get grainy then choosing fit to screen they fix themselves.

Compression or something... I will look up info and get back to you.

But wow on a 6.0 build!!!
    08-25-10 03:56 PM
    Interesting, I've never experienced this before but thanks for the info, this has been driving me nuts. Would you suggest not using the Berry Weather Homescreen Wallpaper.

@Yester18, I look forward to your findings. Thanks a lot guys.

I have an intermittent problem like that with the wallpaper, but it seems related to using wallpaper through Berry Weather to get the temp and conditions to display on top of the wallpaper. The only way I can get it to go back to normal is to reselect the wallpaper.
    08-25-10 04:23 PM
    The only time I've noticed this type of distortion is using Berry Weather, when I've tilted to landscape for at least a few seconds, then back to portrait. It holds the adjustment that it made for landscape mode.

Yes, you can reselect the wallpaper, but it will also revert to normal if "update" the weather for your home location in Berry Weather.

Also - you can use "Lock Tilt" to lock your home screen from switching to landscape mode. You just have to remember to lock the home screen every time you restart the device.
    Last edited by VeryBold; 08-25-10 at 04:29 PM.
    08-25-10 04:26 PM
    It happens when your wallpaper changes while in landscape mode.

If the Wallpaper Changer app developer can do something like preventing the wallpaper from changing when in landscape mode, this distortion will not happen.

The only time when my Torch is in landscape mode for long duration is when it is in the charging pod.
    08-25-10 04:43 PM
    They mention, and I have seen it also. The images get grainy then choosing fit to screen they fix themselves.
    When you select an image from your media card, it's basically a 'Preview' of the image. If you hit Menu >View Actual Size, it forces the OS to render the entire image, which is why you see it clear up and become less grainy after...
    08-25-10 04:45 PM
    08-25-10 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD