Hi, was wondering if someone here can answer a question I have. I recently upgraded to the .148 os that came out and noticed something that bugs me.

On the previous os if I selected a picture and set it as a wallpaper it would fit to screen on my storm however on the new os if I do this none of my pictures fit to screen anymore and instead my storm centers the pics and I guess tries to show them in a larger view. The only time it shows the whole image is when I'm viewing it.

So is there anything I can do to change the wallpaper settings and show the entire image for my pics?
    06-07-09 11:16 PM
    When viewing fit to screen then set as wallpaper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 11:44 PM
    Media > pics > locate/open pic > click 2 zoom in until size u want > menu > reset home screen image > menu > set as home screen image.

Note: if menu only gives set option, select it > menu & reset displays. Reset keeps image from clearing w/reboot.
    06-07-09 11:54 PM
    When viewing fit to screen then set as wallpaper.
    Yeh if only it always worked!
    06-07-09 11:59 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions but none work. It seems that when setting a wallpaper from my pictures instead of using the fit to size setting the storm is now set it to use the actual size setting. Hope this gets resolved in future s/w updates.
    06-08-09 08:49 PM
    Tried it before ur 1st post. Did u zoom in by clicking & not using menu > zoom in &/or fit 2 screen?
    06-08-09 09:01 PM
    Tried it before ur 1st post. Did u zoom in by clicking & not using menu > zoom in &/or fit 2 screen?
    The way I setup a wallpaper is highlight the thumbnail in pictures, press the menu button, select the Set as Home Screen Image option. It's what I've always been doing when selecting a wallpaper for my storm. I don't tap on image and view it, I don't zoom in or out before setting, just go in and hightlight the thumbnail and select it as a wallpaper, but some how the storm now has the wallpaper set to show up in Actual Size view vs. Fit to screen view.
    06-09-09 07:58 AM
    The way I setup a wallpaper is highlight the thumbnail in pictures, press the menu button, select the Set as Home Screen Image option. It's what I've always been doing when selecting a wallpaper for my storm. I don't tap on image and view it, I don't zoom in or out before setting, just go in and hightlight the thumbnail and select it as a wallpaper, but some how the storm now has the wallpaper set to show up in Actual Size view vs. Fit to screen view.
    That is expected behavior. Click on the image, zoom to the desired level, then select Set As Wallpaper in the menu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 08:13 AM
    Unpredictable. If one method fails try another. Trust me...i just set smaller-than-screen-size pic on .148!
    06-09-09 08:37 AM
    BTW stormgrounds.com has great full-size storm wallpaper.
    06-09-09 09:08 AM
    I have been having this issue too after the upgrade to 148.

I was previously using 75, and used 1280x1024 wallpapers, because they were scaled to fit the screen horizontally, and would leave black bars above and below the image that were the exact size of 1 row of icons, so it fit rather nicely. Now using the same process fits the image either fully sized or fit to the screen vertically, cropping off the edges and defeating the purpose of using an image with a 5:4 aspect ratio.

The only fix/workaround I have found is to view the image in pictures with portrait mode (fit to the screen horizontally so that the black bars show on the top and bottom), using CaptureIt to take a screenshot, and using that as the homescreen image. Since it is 360x480 it isn't resized. The only issue is the image quality loss of the capture it image versus the actual 1280x1024 original file. As far as I know there is no way to have it default to using the image horizontally fit to the screen, even if that's how it displays in "pictures" when you select it as the homescreen image.
    06-09-09 12:53 PM
    I have been having this issue also after upgrading to 148. I was previously on 75, and I never had to resize my pictures at all to make them fit, but now with 148 the wallpaper is full size, and does not automatically fit to the screen.
    06-09-09 06:13 PM
    This is pretty weak IMO, i have spent so much time this week trying to figure out how to get the picture to auto resize for wallpaper. : (
    06-09-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD