Does anyone know if there is a program that will change your wallpaper every 10 minutes or so? Like pull images from a folder and keep cycling them as the desktop pics?

Thanks
    02-04-09 03:26 PM
    02-04-09 08:02 PM
    I tried it and deleted it. Unless you are looking @ your screen all the time you will miss pics. Also that means it's running all the time which if I'm right will lead to battery drain.

So, I just manually change mine every so often.
    02-04-09 08:04 PM
    02-04-09 08:04 PM
    Yea I would think this would be a battery killer for sure. Anyone using it that can chime in?
    02-04-09 08:06 PM
    I tried it and deleted it. Unless you are looking @ your screen all the time you will miss pics. Also that means it's running all the time which if I'm right will lead to battery drain.

So, I just manually change mine every so often.
    I purchased it and love it!! You can set it to change every 5 secs and doesn't drain the batt or usage. Seens about the same for Batt life. I think once the screen goes out it stops, but i'm not sure. Either way, its a great app, I downloaded a s**tload of wallpapers and its refreshing to see something different every 5-10 secs.
    02-04-09 08:08 PM
    I purchased it and love it!! You can set it to change every 5 secs and doesn't drain the batt or usage. Seens about the same for Batt life. I think once the screen goes out it stops, but i'm not sure. Either way, its a great app, I downloaded a s**tload of wallpapers and its refreshing to see something different every 5-10 secs.
    You are very fortunate; I used it and it drained my battery pretty quickly.
    02-04-09 08:10 PM
    I'm going to try it. I have a quick question, will it use what you have on your internal memory or memory card, or do you have to purchase them from the site? Thanks.
    02-04-09 08:16 PM
    You tell it @ the start what folder you want it to show.

So to answer your question: memory card.
    02-04-09 08:20 PM
    I'm going to try it. I have a quick question, will it use what you have on your internal memory or memory card, or do you have to purchase them from the site? Thanks.
    It loads up from pics on your Phone/media card (your choice); if you need more pics try out

BlackBerry Storm Wallpaper | Backgrounds | Images | StormGrounds.com

Free Blackberry Storm Wallpapers*|*Free 360�480 Blackberry Storm Wallpapers

BlackBerry Storm Wallpaper | Free Backgrounds For Your BlackBerry Storm Home Screen

Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone | Zedge

Enjoy!
    02-04-09 08:21 PM
    I use it, but have it set to change the background every time I remove from the holster or unlock the phone. I have around 70 pictures and I am constantly surprised by the nice new background. While it does draw on the battery a bit, I found that the settings I finally chose didn't make enough drain to make the software suboptimal. There was a new version released last week, and it made it a lot more stable. I recommend it.
    02-04-09 09:57 PM
    Thanks a lot for the help! Gonna try it right now...
    02-04-09 10:14 PM
    I've been using it, I think I have it set to change every 15 minutes. Definitely no battery drain issues.
    02-04-09 10:20 PM
    I use it, but have it set to change the background every time I remove from the holster or unlock the phone. I have around 70 pictures and I am constantly surprised by the nice new background. While it does draw on the battery a bit, I found that the settings I finally chose didn't make enough drain to make the software suboptimal. There was a new version released last week, and it made it a lot more stable. I recommend it.

I now this is an old thread..but how did you set up the program to changed WP on an unlock? I just bought this and it's not clear to me how to do this

BTW I'm running 1.2...

TIA

MG
    06-17-09 09:57 AM
    I now this is an old thread..but how did you set up the program to changed WP on an unlock? I just bought this and it's not clear to me how to do this

BTW I'm running 1.2...

TIA

MG
    there is no event to change when you unlock. you can set up a picture when you turn of the LCD. in visual arts goto the Events button screen
    06-17-09 10:21 AM
    there is no event to change when you unlock. you can set up a picture when you turn of the LCD. in visual arts goto the Events button screen
    Thanks for the quick reply, Smiley. Just to be clear, turning off the LCD is the same as turning off the phone? In other words, my wallpaper should change on a power cycle in this event?

BTW ignore my email to support on the same question.

Mike
    06-17-09 10:39 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, Smiley. Just to be clear, turning off the LCD is the same as turning off the phone? In other words, my wallpaper should change on a power cycle in this event?

BTW ignore my email to support on the same question.

Mike
    the LCD will turn off when the timer expires. it is different then turning off the phone.
    06-17-09 10:55 AM
    the LCD will turn off when the timer expires. it is different then turning off the phone.
    This does not seem to be working on my Storm I'm running .148 of the SW and here is how I have VA setup.

"Select Picture Folder" = ///Sdcard/Blackberry/pictures/Wallpaperz

There are a number of JPG files here 360X480

Enable Visual Arts is checked

In the Events setup

LCD On: file:///SDCard/BalckBerry/pictures/Wallpaperz/all hands on deck.jpg

Random picture is checked.

Nothing for low or good battery.

Setup time is disabled

Daily setup is disabled.

I then go to menu - switch application - home screen

my BB LCD then times out and goes dark.

When I wake up the LCD the wallpapaer has not changed.

What I am doing wrong here?
    06-17-09 11:19 AM
    This does not seem to be working on my Storm I'm running .148 of the SW and here is how I have VA setup.

"Select Picture Folder" = ///Sdcard/Blackberry/pictures/Wallpaperz

There are a number of JPG files here 360X480

Enable Visual Arts is checked

In the Events setup

LCD On: file:///SDCard/BalckBerry/pictures/Wallpaperz/all hands on deck.jpg

Random picture is checked.

Nothing for low or good battery.

Setup time is disabled

Daily setup is disabled.

I then go to menu - switch application - home screen

my BB LCD then times out and goes dark.

When I wake up the LCD the wallpapaer has not changed.

What I am doing wrong here?

in the Event screen uncheck Random checkbox. when the LCD screen turns on VA should set to the selected picture.

do you have keyboard locked?

if you want to use LCD then dont use Timer events because it will change the picture too.

i just tested on my storm and the lcd picture is working fine.
    06-17-09 11:35 AM
    in the Event screen uncheck Random checkbox.
    OK DONE

when the LCD screen turns on VA should set to the selected picture.

do you have keyboard locked?

IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO THE BUTTON ON THE TOP LEFT OF THE STORM, NO

if you want to use LCD then dont use Timer events because it will change the picture too.
    TIMER SETUP = DISABLED

i just tested on my storm and the lcd picture is working fine.
    I've done all of this and power cycled my storm. Is the wallpaper supposed to change after the backlight fades out on the screen? I not sure I completely understand the LCD on Event
    06-17-09 11:53 AM
    Smiley,

The only part of this app that is working is the timer event. I tested the daily event, set to 7:10 EST and the storm was not locked. It WP still has not changed. The LCD on event I have never got working. I am running the lastest SW. I also noticed that occasionally when I was setting the picture folder, VA could not find the directory structure and needed to be restarted.

Any ideas?

Mike
    06-18-09 07:28 AM
    Smiley,

The only part of this app that is working is the timer event. I tested the daily event, set to 7:10 EST and the storm was not locked. It WP still has not changed. The LCD on event I have never got working. I am running the lastest SW. I also noticed that occasionally when I was setting the picture folder, VA could not find the directory structure and needed to be restarted.

Any ideas?

Mike
    BUMP..... I'm glad this app was only .99...it hasn't functioned properly since I registered it.
    06-23-09 10:12 AM
    liked the 1st site!
    06-25-09 04:42 PM
    liked the 1st site!
    Huh?
    07-02-09 02:53 PM
    I am having the same problem. I haven't tried the daily event option, but I can't get the other options (besides timer event) to work at all.

Jono
    07-23-09 02:19 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD