I notice that in the .141, when I have a portrait picture and set it as wallpaper, then it will fill all the wallpaper in portrait mode, then when the phone is in landscape mode, it will zoom in and make the landscape wallpaper to be a full resolution

now in .246, a portrait picture in landscape mode will just resize the picture and I end up with two black stripes on left and right of my wallpaper VS zoom in the middle and fill the wallpaper to full

i hope you get what i mean.

how do I reset it to .141 version? I like that one
    10-01-10 05:03 PM
    I'm on .246 and mine still does the zoom like you described. I'm using Wallpaper Shifter app though too so that could have an effect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 05:09 PM
    My 9800 have the following apps

google map
    facebook
    MSN messenger

and the difference between .141 and .246 is that .246 now has east asian language but not sure if that would make a difference.

thanks
    10-01-10 05:14 PM
    There are a lot more differences than that!

Try changing your wallpaper to one of the stock ones that came with the phone - then switch it back to the one you want. See if that fixes it.

If not, change to another picture and see if it does the same thing.
    10-01-10 05:24 PM
    jeffreii, I meant the difference in MY configuration between the two, NOT the difference between two OS...
    10-01-10 05:30 PM
    I run google maps and FB as well, I don't use MSN messenger though. Since I use Wallpaper Switcher, I have many different pictures on the homescreen as it shuffles through the photo album. Depending on the size of the picture it makes a difference how it displays in both portrait and landscape mode. As Jeffreii suggested, try setting different pictures as the wallpaper and see if they all act the same way.
    10-02-10 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD