Can anyone tell me the output voltage and amps for a BB 8320 charger?

I bought a cheap one from eBay and it says:
    Input: AC 120V - 240V 200mA 47 - 63Hz
    Output: DC 4.5V - 9.5V Max 800mA

Thanks.
    10-15-09 08:38 AM
    Well my 8330 charger is:
    Input: 100-240VAC 50-60Hz 0.2A or(200mA)
    Output: 5VDC 0.7A or (700mA)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by loudmax20; 10-15-09 at 09:45 AM.
    10-15-09 09:42 AM
    The BkackBerry wall charger is basically a high quality USB charger.

You need a well regulated 5 Volt supply at a minimum of 500mA (0.5 Amps or 1/2 Amps). My old 8310 charger delivered 500mA but my 8900 charger is rated at 700mA.

Both genuine BlackBerry and Motorola chargers seem to work best.

The original charger has always charged best and there are numbrous threads on CrackBerry that testify to this.

I paid about $12 for my spare (genuine BlackBerry) wall charger on ebay.

I think that it is false economy to have a really expensive phone and a poor quality (I don't mean cheap) charger.
    10-15-09 09:48 AM
    I kept using my old RAZR charger because it had a higher mA than the one that came with my Curve and my wife Pearl. It's about 4 years old now, and still works really well. I thought about selling my two genuine BB chargers, but I though I should keep them as a spare since my RAZR charger has been worked hard over these 4 years

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I bought a usb charging/sync cable for two bucks on eBay, and I found the charger for the same price, so I thought I'd buy it. But after receiving the charger, I realized that this might not be of the correct power rating, which is why I wanted to get the specs of a BB wall charger here.

I haven't charged my phone with this thing yet. I think it will work, I just hope it doesn't work like the fake nokia chargers do; i.e. they charge the phone in half the time (that the original charger takes), but the phone discharges in 10 hours.

I was surprised to see a range of output voltages on the label of this charger. I was expecting a single value. Either this thing is busted and will output different voltage depending the time of the day, or it supports a wide range of devices. But I guess as long as I get more than 5 volts, I should be good. The current seems to be on the level.
    10-15-09 09:42 PM
    I have to agree with Pete about skimping on a charger for your BB. Regularly using a charger that does not match the required specs for your battery will only lead to problems. Your battery will not charge properly if the voltage or amperage is not correct. This can lead to shortened charge life or overheating.

Except for an emergency, I only use my BB charger or USB (with the BB driver installed) to charge my BB.
    10-16-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD