i've my phone for a month and been really anal about the device, and getting out my car in my office garage, it slipped out of my pocket from about three ft. the front half of the case shattered and left some small almost unnoticable scratches on the top i shudder to think what would have happened had i not had one, now in the market for a sturdier case, any ideas?
    02-16-09 02:28 PM
    seidio innocases II are great without adding bulk like the vzw snap on cases.
    Last edited by beckywc; 02-16-09 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added to name
    02-16-09 03:11 PM
    seidio innocases II are great without adding bulk like the vzw snap on cases.
    I second this comment. I bought one of these a few weeks ago and it is much better then anything Verizon has had in their stores. It also makes the whole phone feel more sturdy while typing.
    02-16-09 03:20 PM
    i use this case also and find it tolerable at best. i work in an industrial enviroment and was pocketing my storm all day. began to be a real pain having it in my pocket. my soulution was to get a BodyGlove universal PDA case with a belt clip and a vinyl cover front.

the storm with the plastic case on, fits very nicely into the BG case and i can even use the touch screen thru the vinyl cover. this has really helped alot.
    02-16-09 03:23 PM
    The snap on case is a joke because the phone itself is a joke! A pig in Lipstick is still..... a Pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-16-09 03:23 PM
    I wonder if you are referring to the case I have as the snap-on case from VZW. Is it the one with a silver front and dark plastic back piece? I don't like that the silver film comes off and reveals the plastic underneath.
    02-16-09 03:28 PM
    I use one of the thicker silicone skins from VZW. I've dropped my Storm three times, with no ill-effects.
    02-16-09 03:37 PM
    thanks guys i appreciate all the input, and phone fiend yes thats the case i'm referring to, it just shattered on me i'm pretty pissed, but i the siendio cases look pretty sturdy thanks again.
    02-16-09 03:44 PM
    Yeah...definitely get rid of that VZW case. I use the Seidio Innocase I and holster and I love the combination!
    02-16-09 03:48 PM
    I first bought the Innocase II but then exchanged for the Innocase I. I think its a better case, especially for the top converge. The II looked cooler, but I like the protection of the I.
    02-16-09 03:51 PM
    The snap on case is a joke because the phone itself is a joke! A pig in Lipstick is still..... a Pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for providing absolutely nothing to the discussion. Your joke also stinks. Finally, how big a joke can it be when you're still coming to here to trash it? Feel insecure about your [old] device?

To provide an actual answer, VZW accessories tend to be fairly crummy (I purchased a belt clip from them that was atrocious)

I highly recommend Seidio's Innocase although I've since resorted to using BB's Leather Pouch with Belt Clip. Also bulky but it's quite luxurious and does the job of keeping out dust.
    02-16-09 03:51 PM
    I have the Seidio Innocase II with the spring holster and it's by far the best combination for the storm IMHO.
    02-16-09 03:58 PM
    i think your best answer would be to get a hip case instead of putting it in your pocket. Blackberry makes plenty and Verizon also carries some generic ones as well. with a hip holster you wont have to worry about it falling out.

i use a generic one by verizon that holds the phone sideways instead of vertically so it isnt poking my side when i sit down and its something i would highly suggest you look into
    02-16-09 04:23 PM
    Thanks for providing absolutely nothing to the discussion. Your joke also stinks. Finally, how big a joke can it be when you're still coming to here to trash it? Feel insecure about your [old] device?
    Meh. The same could be said about the iphone. all you people ever do is trash it. atleast that thing works. I'm not self concious about my device because it actually works. unlike that pos you call the storm.
    02-16-09 04:25 PM
    Meh. The same could be said about the iphone. all you people ever do is trash it. atleast that thing works. I'm not self concious about my device because it actually works. unlike that pos you call the storm.
    GO AWAY.

anyways, i bought a verizon case too and it was just too bulky and always came off if i dropped my phone which is okayyyy, as long as it absorbs the fall. so i just went back to the silicone one, eh it's okay i guess.

not willing to shell out 30 bucks more on a new case or however much it is..because i just end up not using them in the end. Maybe i'll check out this Innocase deal.
    02-16-09 04:29 PM
    GO AWAY.

anyways, i bought a verizon case too and it was just too bulky and always came off if i dropped my phone which is okayyyy, as long as it absorbs the fall. so i just went back to the silicone one, eh it's okay i guess.

not willing to shell out 30 bucks more on a new case or however much it is..because i just end up not using them in the end. Maybe i'll check out this Innocase deal.
    im heavily confused as to why you keep dropping your phone out of your pocket but you wont get a holster to prevent it from dropping from anywhere
    02-16-09 04:36 PM
    GO AWAY.
    no thanks i told my opinion, its you guys that are attacking. how about you go away?
    02-16-09 04:37 PM
    I'm not self concious about my device because it actually works.
    No, just bored and uninspired by it. Since you're here.
    02-16-09 04:44 PM
    A friend gave me their VZN case, as they returned their phone. I haven't dropped my phone (yet), so I'll keep using this until it breaks or until someone gives me something better.
    02-16-09 04:49 PM
    Says the genius who doesn't even have the phone, but wastes his time posting about it.
    02-16-09 04:55 PM
    Says the genius who doesn't even have the phone, but wastes his time posting about it.
    Who says I dont have it? Maybe I just haven't changed my device in my profile to reflect it? or Maybe I did have it, and returned it. get over yourselves please.
    02-16-09 05:25 PM
    10 posts in and already trolling. How sad. I don't see this account lasting.
    02-16-09 05:34 PM
    10 posts in and already trolling. How sad. I don't see this account lasting.
    Whos trolling? I stated my opinion, you guys are flaming me, I have yet to say anything nasty to anyone, curse, or anything. its you guys that are beating a dead horse and still attacking a comment I made that is perfectly viable.

I had the phone, I didnt like it. I thought it was ugly. Looks are subjective.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm sorry you dont like it, but it is what it is.

Keep on quoting me, keep on attacking me. I have done nothing to attack or retaliate, I'm explaing my point of view.

That is not trolling.

Have you read the CB new years resolution?
    02-16-09 05:37 PM
    Realbeach doesn't like the Storm?!?!

OMG They Must Be a Witch!

Lets Burn them at the Stake!

Hurry Get the Pyre Working!
    02-16-09 05:48 PM
    Trolling means attacking without any chance of generating discussion.

Why don't you do us all a favor and check your 1st post here? What kind of conversation is that going to generate? What does it even have to do with the OP's question? You offer a helpful suggestion?

Yeah, I thought so.

Oh, before you go back and edit it:

Mmmmm, I am delicious.
    02-16-09 05:49 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD