Hello,

I usually leave my Torch sound profile set to "Normal" and i have my ringtone volume at "10" which is great, the sound is nice and loud when a call is incoming.

But, my ringtones for text messages are at a much lower volume, when on the "normal" profile, and if i set the volume to anything other than "active profile" on the options of the message settings for contacts, then sure the volume is louder however, it will play the sound even when i have the profile on "vibrate only"

I know i can set the profile to "loud" but that is a little too loud, and "medium" seems lower than "normal".. just want to be able to increase the sound on incoming text message alerts to something between "normal" and "loud" but not have them still play when the phone is set to "vibrate only"..

can this be done?
    11-23-10 01:55 AM
    Sorry but what's active profile? Volume options are Silent and 1-10.
    11-23-10 07:14 AM
    You can adjust the volume for texts seperate from ringtones in each sound profile...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 07:48 AM
    You can adjust the volume for texts seperate from ringtones in each sound profile...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, i am aware of that, and as i stated.. if you do that it then overrides your settings such as "vibrate only" and "silent"..
    11-23-10 02:06 PM
    Yes, i am aware of that, and as i stated.. if you do that it then overrides your settings such as "vibrate only" and "silent"..
    Then you can go and change vibrate and silent to the correct settings...but vibrate and silent shouldn't be getting their volume settings from the normal profile - that makes no sense. Either way, you can adjust each one as you want.
    11-23-10 02:17 PM
    Have you tried it? i know it doesn't make sense that is why i am posting my question here, but if you change the volume for a message notification from "Active Profile" to any number between the 1-10 it WILL play when the phone is set to things such as "vibrate only" what happens is the phone vibrates twice and then the message sound plays.. If you don't believe me, make a new contact set the message tone to something, change the volume to say "10" save all your changes, then change your profile to "vibrate only" and text yourself using the contact you just created.. either it won't even vibrate or it will vibrate and then play the sound, which isn't what one would think "vibrate only" means, but it appears that is the case.
    11-23-10 02:56 PM
    Sorry I did not get that you were trying to do this for contact alerts.

Active profile is the only way it knows to pay attention to your profile settings and not override them. If you set a contact alert to 10, it will assume you want to override the profiles and always do 10.

Why not just increase the volume on your messages in general? That's the part I don't quite understand.
    11-23-10 06:41 PM
    no problem,
    where do you go to increase the volume on all messages?
    11-23-10 06:53 PM
    You'll have to do it for all the profiles you want it to be louder for...

Profiles/Change Sounds and Alerts/Profile Management/Normal(for example)/Messages
    11-23-10 08:28 PM
    Thank you for the help
    11-24-10 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD