I have a BlackBerry 8330 Curve, and I was able to set a voice note as a ringtone for when people call, is there anyway I can use a voicenote for a text message ringtone? HElP?!
    11-21-08 03:02 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Profiles / Advanced ... / Normal / SMS. You can select any ringtone you choose.
    11-21-08 03:07 PM
    I tried the suggestion - but when I click SMS Text the voice note is not saved in my ringtones list so I cannot select it. It is, however, available as a ringtone for the phone option, but not the sms???!!!

Please help..
    01-07-09 09:46 PM
    Thanks, I was trying to figure out how to change the alert for my text message for awhile now.
    01-08-09 12:25 AM
    You will need to convert the voice note to an mp3. Email the note to your pc. Google for a format converter from whatever the note is to mp3. Convert the file. Email back to your berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 11:37 AM
    Hello. I am new at crackberry but have been reading threads and everything for months ever since I got my bb...

I was looking at your thread because I had the same problem, but then I realized that I knew the answer...

If you go into media, click the "menu" button and go to explorer, then open your media card or wherever you save your voice notes to, (mines in in my media card) you go to the file and click "menu" again, then go to Copy, and select that. Then paste it inside of the ringtones folder of te pop-up that open up. Then it works perfectly w/o emailing and everything else...

Hope I could help. =)
    04-21-09 08:45 PM
    i cant go on the internet on my bb and i want to make my voice notes ringtones for my txt messages. ive gotten close but i have to change the browser to where the notes are. how do i change the browser to go to my voice notes file??

please help me....
    06-11-10 11:34 PM
    heres how you do it for the blackberry curve 8330...if you have a different blackberry, this may or may not work...but this is how you do it for the curve 8330

i figured it out!

I know that these are long instructions, but if you follow them specifically, you will get a voicenote as your texting sound.

1. First, make sure that your voicenote is saved under a name that you will recognize.

2. go to media and "hover" over the voice notes icon.

3. Click the menu button (which is the button to the left of the mouse on blackberry,) and click "explore"

4. Then another window will come up, and there will be two options-"media card" and "device memory"--click "Media Card"

5. Then, another screen will come up with two other options called "blackberry" and "Music"--click "blackberry."

6. When that window comes up, click the option "voicenotes"

7. When you have the voicenotes window open, you should see the name of your voicenotes. Whatever name you saved it under, you will see it here.

8. Highlight the name (by moving the mouse over the name) and then click the menu button again.

9. After cilcking the menu button, an option will come up that says "Move" ...click that.

10. Then another window will come up that has a bunch of options including one that says "up." Thats the one you want to click...click "Up." (Note:sometimes another window will come up confirming that you want to "up" it...just click "up" again)

11. Then the window that comes up after that will have a list of some of your applications...including "ringtones" Highlight the word "ringtones"

12. Once "ringtones" is highlighted, click the menu button again, and click "Move Into" DO NOT CLICK "MOVE HERE" ...they are different things. click "MOVE INTO"

13. Once you click "move into" the window will close and you will see that your voice note is no longer on that list...

14. At this point, just click the "end" button...(the one you use to end calls)

15. Go to "profiles" and then click "advance"

16. Make sure that the "Normal" option is highlighted

17. Click the Menu button again, and then click "New Profile"

18. A list of things will come up, but you want to click "MMS" or "SMS Text" (whichever one you text with)

19. Click where you choose ringtones...and you will find your voicenote in that list under the title you saved it under.

Hope this helped! if you need further instructions email me at rachelsmith301 at gmail dot com
    06-30-10 04:30 PM
    Actually it's easier than that.
    Go to profiles
    Select what you want to change the ringtone for
    click on the tone list
    scroll to the top and choose "select music"
    scroll down to "voicenotes"
    pick which one you want and save.
    11-16-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD