Good review Kingzee.... I think I finally made up my mind on what case to replace my OEM holster now.
    08-29-09 11:17 PM
    I got my Innocase II a few days ago and I absolutely love it. I mean, I had the Innocases for my Storm and my Curve, but I am pretty sure that this is my favorite one so far. The build quality on it just seems so mch better than the Storm case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 12:31 AM
    Wow, great review. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the holster, but after seeing your review I might just get the combo. That looks like excatly what I've been looking for. Solid but usable.

Thanks!
    08-30-09 01:04 AM
    Good review, my case is is in transit. I bought the case before the phone lol. I never got the holster though because the swivel point is too central and I found on Seidio holsters the phone digs into your side so it's not comfortable. So I guess you're keeping your 6th Tour right
    Kingzee have you been able to wear it on your hip yet? Do you find the swivel clip digging into your body or does the top part of the holster dig into your body as your sitting, standing, etc...
    That would be my only concern. After seeing your review I am ready to purchase one but not wanting to have any discomfort from wearing it...
    Right now I use the holster that came with my Tour and that is not uncomfortable at all, but the Tour is also naked and I want something to protect it....
    08-30-09 01:33 AM
    Just received this today for my Tour. Thought I'd share it with you all in case you've been considering one. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Search keywords: seidio innocase holster ii 2 combo blackberry tour 9630 research in motion rim unbox unboxing first look review black hard case skin pouch oem
    Nice mini review man. I got the Innocase 1 and loving it.

08-30-09 04:33 AM
    Great video review. Your vids are great King.

I am still in love with my Epik case and don't see myself switching especially when you consider the price difference ($5 vs. $50) however it's good to know there are options.
    08-30-09 07:21 AM
    Nice job.

The video is helpful to those considering a Seidio case.

I have the Innocase I and love it. The case really makes the phone feel solid without bulk.

The Innocase I has the bar and not ideal for those with a pod (case not as easy to remove). The positive with the bar on the Innocase I is it covers the existing filler bar between the screen and keyboard (looks nicer).
    08-30-09 09:47 AM
    Seidio gets 2 thumbs down for me....

I can explain why..... the finish of Seidio products is horrible. The soft rubbery feel that it has wears off and your left with a hard plastic shinny cheep looking case. The case scratches pretty easily.

worst part of it all, the case actually damages your phone pretty good. Say goodbye to your nice Chrome you have around your phone right now. With the Seidio case, the case fits so tight that overtime the case rubs the chrome finish of your phone away, then your left with a phone that its chrome is worn down all the way to the black plastic.

I have had about 5 Seideo cases for my phones over the years, and still have them with me, all with the same results. The Seidio will damage your phone.

I currently just have the Seidio Locking holster for my Tour right now sicne I didn't want to damage this Tour with there case again, and the Holster has the same crappy finish that is wearing down already and looking pretty bad...

I will snap some pictures of my last phone with Seidio innocase on and I will show you the damage it did to the phone, a long with how there finish wears down to the black plastic...

Do not buy this case if your thinking your going to protect your phone
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 08-30-09 at 10:23 AM.
    08-30-09 10:19 AM
    The only way I see the Seidio or any case rubbing the finish off of a phone is if you are constantly taking them on or off the phone. In that case I am usually one to put on a case and let it stay there. I have used Seidio cases on 2 curves and haven't seen anything remotely resembling discoloration.

08-30-09 10:43 AM

I can explain why..... the finish of Seidio products is horrible. The soft rubbery feel that it has wears off and your left with a hard plastic shinny cheep looking case. The case scratches pretty easily.

worst part of it all, the case actually damages your phone pretty good. Say goodbye to your nice Chrome you have around your phone right now. With the Seidio case, the case fits so tight that overtime the case rubs the chrome finish of your phone away, then your left with a phone that its chrome is worn down all the way to the black plastic.

I have had about 5 Seideo cases for my phones over the years, and still have them with me, all with the same results. The Seidio will damage your phone.

I currently just have the Seidio Locking holster for my Tour right now sicne I didn't want to damage this Tour with there case again, and the Holster has the same crappy finish that is wearing down already and looking pretty bad...

I will snap some pictures of my last phone with Seidio innocase on and I will show you the damage it did to the phone, a long with how there finish wears down to the black plastic...

It's funny that although you are dissatisfied with their quality, you have still managed to buy 5+ of their products.
    08-30-09 11:22 AM
    I don't imagine that the case is actually causing damage to the phone. It might actually be the dust/dirt particles that get sandwiched into the sides and when the case is removed those particles wreak havoc on the phone as the case rubs them into the phone acting as sandpaper. Maybe I should just use my phone naked.

mjbesen310, those pics would help out. I don't understand why you would be using the stand alone clip with a naked Tour. I think that would damage the phone more than a case because of the pressure the clip places on the phone sliding in and out of holster.
    08-30-09 11:24 AM
    Great video! I don't like how thick my Verizon silicone case seems to be on the side of the Tour which can make typing difficult at times. Hope this provides a better solution!
    08-30-09 11:38 AM
    this is the Seidio innocase II I used to have on the storm I had before the Tour. With the bottom part off, you can see over time that the case rubbed off both corneres of the phone on the chrome all the way down to the plastic, also you see parts wore down all a long the bottom of the phone where the case wore it down.

this picture shows more of the bottom upper edge of the phone where the case rubbed down the chrome, and also I pointed out on the case itself where the finish has rubbed off down to the plastic..

this picture is more of the front of the case, more spots where the finish has wore down

the back of the case as worn down to the plastic as well put i had a hard time trying to take a picture of that, it doesnt show up to good
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 08-30-09 at 12:22 PM.
    08-30-09 12:20 PM
    I'd never use a case...but I LOVE a good review! Thanks for taking the time to do this!
    08-30-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the pics, looks like my bb will go naked.
    08-30-09 12:30 PM
    mjbesen310, I'm sorry man but you must've treated your phone rough. Constantly taking off that bottom piece does not help either.
    08-30-09 02:02 PM
    Over the long term, do you think frequently removing the bottom portion will cause a similar problem?
    I'm not quite sure. Only time will tell. This is my second Seidio case. I had one for my previous phone and it is STILL in great condition - the case that is. I never had a problem snapping it back together. Though, this particular case (current one) isn't as "snappy" as my previous. It's more of a "comfort fit," whereas my previous was more of a "locking fit." It was hard to take apart too.

awesome review, but does it work in the OEM charging pod with the case on?
    No, it doesn't. But again, it's easy to take the bottom piece off to place in there. Which is why I think they made this one this way.

Kingzee have you been able to wear it on your hip yet? Do you find the swivel clip digging into your body or does the top part of the holster dig into your body as your sitting, standing, etc...
    That would be my only concern. After seeing your review I am ready to purchase one but not wanting to have any discomfort from wearing it...
    Right now I use the holster that came with my Tour and that is not uncomfortable at all, but the Tour is also naked and I want something to protect it....
    Yes, I wore it to church today, went out to eat at a restaurant, drove most of the morning/afternoon, went to the mall and even Toys R Us. I had NO PROBLEMS or discomfort. I've had holsters that did dig into my side and they hurt something special, but this one does not. Plus, when I sit with it, I always slide it onto my side. It's also VERY EASY to take the phone out while sitting, or while walking. I wear it turned horizontally while wearing.
    08-30-09 02:23 PM

I don't know what to tell you exactly. Your experience may be unique. With every 10 good reviews there will always probably be 1 bad one. It also depends on the type of use and conditioning the phone went through. What line of work are you involved in? Do you skateboard and wear the phone? Did you bump it a lot, do a lot of wrestling?

I ask that because I don't know if this would be the experience for the casual user, like myself. This is not my first experience with a Seidio case. I had one for my Samsung SCH-i760 and that case held up great. It's still pretty much in PERFECT CONDITION. And when I kept it on my phone, it NEVER damaged it in any way.

Granted, that phone didn't have any chrome on it either, but I really don't see how putting this phone in the Seidio casing would be any different than any other hard case. The case isn't a vice grip on the phone. It's a very comfortable fit, with a little bit of breathing room, making it very easy to take the case on and off.

I think along with your damage report, you may need to tell us what kind of working environment and "wear" the phone and case went through. That might be helpful.

I'm very satisfied with this case. This is the first report of this kind that I've heard. I've not even heard any complaints from iPhone users, which also have a chrome finish.

As for the pictures of the case you've shown. In my opinion, that is actually a testament to the case, because it shows that it can take the hit and protect your phone. Those scratches you show don't just appear "magically," you had to have bumped or rubbed into something in order for that to happen. And what case would not have those marks if subjected to that kind of wear and tear???
    Last edited by kingzee; 08-30-09 at 05:52 PM.
    08-30-09 02:29 PM
    Kingzee,

Curious to know...does the OEM BB skin work with the Sedio holster. I'm not too concerned with a cradle and I like my OEM skin like the one you have. But I prefer snap holsters than pouch holsters. I had a Sedio snap holster with my 8830 before the Tour. Actually I have on my Tour the Smartphone Experts case from CB and over that the BB OEM skin. It fits perfect, sturdy and protected. So I'm looking for a snap holster that will fit it. Just curious to know.

08-30-09 05:30 PM
    Hey eflow, if anything I would think the holster made for the phone only (without the case) would be best. I'd email them and ask first though. I'll try the one I have later and let you know my findings.

08-30-09 05:57 PM
    Kingzee,

Curious to know...does the OEM BB skin work with the Sedio holster. I'm not too concerned with a cradle and I like my OEM skin like the one you have. But I prefer snap holsters than pouch holsters. I had a Sedio snap holster with my 8830 before the Tour. Actually I have on my Tour the Smartphone Experts case from CB and over that the BB OEM skin. It fits perfect, sturdy and protected. So I'm looking for a snap holster that will fit it. Just curious to know.

Wow man, I put the BlackBerry OEM case on my phone and put it in the holster and it fits PERFECTLY. It's very snug, has NO WIGGLE AT ALL. It fits just as good as if the phone were in the Seidio case!
    08-30-09 07:35 PM
    Wow man, I put the BlackBerry OEM case on my phone and put it in the holster and it fits PERFECTLY. It's very snug, has NO WIGGLE AT ALL. It fits just as good as if the phone were in the Seidio case!
    any chance we can get a pic real quick? Thanks!
    08-30-09 07:42 PM
    Thanks Kingzee that's good to know. I've been looking for a snap holster that can handle the BB OEM case. The one in Verizon is only for naked BB. So I'll go online and check out getting the holster only because I really like my BB OEM case. The main reason I like it is because it doesn't cover the face near the Verizon and Blackberry. Call me anal but I prefer it that way.

08-30-09 08:22 PM
    Great review! That made up my mind to get one!
    08-30-09 08:50 PM
    any chance we can get a pic real quick? Thanks!
    Thanks Kingzee that's good to know. I've been looking for a snap holster that can handle the BB OEM case. The one in Verizon is only for naked BB. So I'll go online and check out getting the holster only because I really like my BB OEM case. The main reason I like it is because it doesn't cover the face near the Verizon and Blackberry. Call me anal but I prefer it that way.

08-30-09 09:09 PM
96 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD