I have tried to download certain videos directly to my BB and get an error message that the video is too large (usually over 2 min 50 sec). Is there a better way to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 03:09 PM
    Yeah from your PC.
    06-09-08 03:16 PM
    Opera mini 4.1, just make sure you have a media card installed and set the save to file your media card, default will be your device memory which is bad, very bad.
    GL

06-09-08 03:25 PM
    Whoever made that site claiming videos can be "OTA downloads" for anything over 5MB wasn't too bright...
    06-11-08 10:20 AM
    I'm having this same problem, so I went to go download OM 4.1 and it won't let me. It gives me an error about authentication. Any help?
    07-18-08 07:22 PM
    OK here's a tip, get dvd from netflix, use dvd shrink to encode then use Nero to convert to mep4 bingo you got any dvd it converts to 230 megs. Works fine

07-18-08 07:28 PM
    Um, I'm lucky to be able to use my blackberry. You just lost me. Lol
    07-18-08 07:31 PM
    I'm having this same problem, so I went to go download OM 4.1 and it won't let me. It gives me an error about authentication. Any help?

After the error there should be a link to follow.
    Follow it and download the unsigned version. That's the one you need.
    07-18-08 09:51 PM
    That worked to download OM 4.1. Now let's see if I can download videos.
    07-18-08 11:29 PM
    That worked to download OM 4.1. Now let's see if I can download videos.
    Just make sure you save them to your memory card, a video WILL slam your internal memory QUICK. don't ask me how I know.
    If you ever do that by accident, media manager in desktop manager will let you undo the damage.
    GL
    07-18-08 11:40 PM
    Ok. Now it doesn't matter where I download videos from, I get the error about unsupported format?
    07-19-08 01:34 AM
    How about a follow up on this?
    08-02-08 11:37 PM
    For me it seems hit or miss downloading larger than 2MB files OTA using operamini. Takes to long unless I'm on wifi which means I'm at home, which means I just use laptop. I think the OTA is just for convience when you can get it working.

When it comes to operamini I really miss using my old moto phone(using the modded) operamini. Could download anything and it worked nearly everytime.

08-03-08 04:41 AM
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD LARGE FILE VIDEOS UTILIZING 0PERA MINI 4.1 Via [ENTER] KEY:

This Will Be Applied Only To Your SD Memory Card.

Let's say your using blackberryvids.com as an example on 0pera Mini 4.1

1) On 0pera Mini 4.1 type in www.blackberryvids.com

2)Click on the selected video.(Whether it be Music Video or Tv show but for now let's try a Music Video just for test purposes)

3)Next, click on SAVE using the [ENTER] Key (The Key that's below the DEL Key)

**Note: A window will pop up that reads-->The application 0pera Mini has attempted to access server4.operamini.com. Would you like to allow this? Scroll Up & Click YES using the [ENTER] key.

4)0pera Mini's Black Screen will appear with Various options.
    Scroll down & Select SD Card/ using the [ENTER] Key.

**Note: A window will pop up that reads-->The application Opera Mini has attempted to 0pen Local Content. Would You Like To Allow This?
    Scroll Up & Click YES using the [ENTER] key.

5)0pera Mini's Black Screen appears again. Scroll down & Select BlackBerry/ using the [ENTER] key.

**Note: Again, A window will pop up that reads-->The application Opera Mini has attempted to 0pen Local Content. Would You Like To Allow This?

6)0pera Mini's Black Screen appears again. Scroll down & Select videos/ using the [ENTER] key.

**Note: Again, A window will pop up that reads-->The application Opera Mini has attempted to 0pen Local Content. Would You Like To Allow This?

7) Finally, 0pera Mini's Black Screen appears & it should read: SD Card/BlackBerry/videos/.
    Using the [ENTER] Click on that.

**Note: Wait for the final window to pop up that reads-->The application Opera Mini has attempted to 0pen Local Content. Would You Like To Allow This?

Once you've gone thru this process, you'll notice 2 things.

1) The Sending/Recieving Signals at the Top Right corner of your Screen.

2) The Numbers at the bottom of your Screen will grow larger & larger. That's because 0pera Mini is now Downloading the Selected Video.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.
    Last edited by 1Kool guy; 08-03-08 at 10:20 AM.
    08-03-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD