As most of you know the storm comes with a screen protector on it from the factory,and its great it does not smudge easy and has a nice surface for gesturing. Well mine finnaly wore out so I decided it was time for a new one. Did I go get a 20 invisible shield from best buy? No that's way to much to spend on a piece of plastic. Besides I herd there unresponsive and void your warranty. So I went up to the verizon store (never a good experience) and found that they had some there the package has 3 for $10 (take that invisible shield ) any ways I made the tech behind the counter put one on because personally I suck at that and besides if they mess up your stuff they get to fix it. Well he did a pretty good job of getting it on there better than I would have managed. So I went home looked at my ne under some light and I could see a DOT matrix grid in the protector it serves no purpose and I got over it you don't notice it anyways. Firt thing I noticed after a bit of use this thing smudges horribly the stock protector did not. The next thing I noticed was some responsiveness was gone. With this protector you must use your thumbs for every thing your index finger simply does not register. But on the plus side I did notice the thing does not scratch very easy in fact iv had it on for about 2weeks now and there's no scratch at all on it which is nice the stock one scratched way to easy. All & all I don't like this protector. The one plus does not out weigh the cons and besides I had to deal with verizon employees. Kind of a slap in the face wen you know there product then they do oh well. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 11:30 AM
    the dot matrix is in the screen itself when i took the factory protector off i noticed it and it drove me crazy because i thought there was another protector on but no, that is the actual screen.
    03-06-09 12:26 PM
    Then how come I never seen it through the factory protector?
    03-07-09 09:37 PM
    Then how come I never seen it through the factory protector?
    when i look at my screen under pretty bright sunlight i see the dot matrix even through the original screen protector.
    03-09-09 08:30 AM
    I don't have anything on my screen. I have no scratches. I keep my phone in a pants pocket by itself. I clean it several times a day since finger grime drives me nuts.
    03-27-09 08:21 PM
    I would give just about anything to find a good screen protector. I too bought the 3 pack from Verizon, despite the $10 charge for something that cost what...maybe 50 cents. Long story short, I destroyed the first two trying to get them on the damn screen. Harder than it looks. bubbles, crooked, etc. The third one...I decided to use a credit card to evenly apply it. Awesome. No bubbles, pretty much on center, oh, and a HUGE scratch down the middle from the credit card that has since caused it to bubble up along the scratch. Great. The iPhone has some pretty awesome screen protectors...why can't we? If someone knows of one..please...do tell.
    03-27-09 09:47 PM
    I think the VZW screen protectors work well. The key is getting the on right and you need patience to do that.

Use the little tabs .. follow the directions .. get it in the right place at the top before attempting to place the whole thing on .. use a business card to smooth it out ..
    03-28-09 01:16 AM
    i have no issues with the vzw protectors...the vzw rep did it with no flaws...and there are no scratches...but it does smudge quickly...but it works for me...
    04-06-09 08:22 PM
    The verizon brand protectors work no better than the generic brands. In fact, I bought mine at the 99 cent Store and have been very happy with it. Plus, it was 99 cents for a pkg of 3. ha ha
    04-07-09 10:32 AM
    I personally use the Invisible Shield by Zagg. It actually has a thickness to it and feels more like auto window tint. They have full body covers, but I just got the front and screen protectors for my Storm. There is a kiosk at a mall nearby which is great, because it comes with a lifetime replacement warranty. If it peels off or tears, it gets replaced.

When I got my Curve, I got a VZW screen protector that had some sort of security deal where it blocked the view of your screen from certain angles. It made the screen look wavy. I didn't like it much at all. That's just me though.
    04-07-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD