Has anyone noticed that the holster packaged with the 9930 for Verizon is different than the ones advertised before launch. The holsters advertised by RIM appear to be a soft leather with noticeable texture and a red stitch at the top of both sides (below image). The one I received with my bold is a stiff leather holster with minimal texture. This is of course not an issue. Just wondering if anyone received the holster that was advertised pre-launch?

08-17-11 07:03 AM
    yea the rogers got the smoother one too... i like the pebbles and the red stitch... free is free though...
    08-17-11 07:06 AM
    9930 vzw - i also received the smooth one - no complaints, it is by far the nicest pouch type of holster i have seen for any bb. the grainy leather would have been fine too, i think it is the palybook sleeve buddy...but you might look a little to garanimals with both the same.

I would still pay RIM a nice amount of cash for a hard open holster, i guess they prefer leavign high margin accessories to the after market boys - can't understand this.
    08-17-11 07:39 AM
    why don't you post an actual pic of what you received?
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    08-17-11 08:02 AM
    I am surprised Verizon actually sent it with a holster. For now this one works but I might trade up if the OEM one is much nicer. This phone deserves nothing but the best.
    08-17-11 08:34 AM
    i like the smooth one better..... suits the phone better..
    08-17-11 08:53 AM
    Got a bell 9900 and have the smooth one too. I guess if you want the other one you'll have to spend some dough.
    08-17-11 09:06 AM
    I beleive the smooth one is made of Koskin. At least with Verizon I've always gotten the Koskin version. Thanks
    08-17-11 09:12 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the holster packaged with the 9930 for Verizon is different than the ones advertised before launch. The holsters advertised by RIM appear to be a soft leather with noticeable texture and a red stitch at the top of both sides (below image). The one I received with my bold is a stiff leather holster with minimal texture. This is of course not an issue. Just wondering if anyone received the holster that was advertised pre-launch?

Free is free but the one you have shown is the same material and style as the Playbook leather sleeve and it's awesome. Great fit and feel! If it's the same for the bold I will be upgrading.
    08-17-11 09:23 AM
    Vodafone UK got the smooth one.
    08-17-11 09:35 AM
    Can someone post an actual pic of the one that came with Verizon?
    08-17-11 09:38 AM
    The one pictured is the "premium" leather holster that RIM sells separately. The smooth one included with the phone feels a little cheaper and doesn't look as nice as the premium version. Still looks pretty good though and was at least included with the phone..
    08-17-11 10:25 AM
    I like the one wayyy better in the picture posted above. The red stitch adds a nice little touch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 10:28 AM
    Sorry guys. Free time has been scarce today. Here are some pics of the case that came with the Verizon 9930. Pictures were taken with the 9930's EDOF camera.

P.S. Pictures were taken with my DSLR. I just said that to **** off everyone that's complaining about the camera on this phone.
    kwalia71 likes this.
    08-17-11 10:18 PM
    If your using a DSLR, you need a shadow box to shoot pics
    08-17-11 10:22 PM
    The one pictured is the "premium" leather holster that RIM sells separately. The smooth one included with the phone feels a little cheaper and doesn't look as nice as the premium version. Still looks pretty good though and was at least included with the phone..
    I'm glad they even included a holster,now I don't have to go to the VZ store to buy one. Those sales people come out with a bunch of B.S for you to say no too.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-17-11 10:27 PM
    heck they still push corded headsets........ Umm I use Bluetooth now, but thanks.. lol
    08-17-11 10:29 PM
    If your using a DSLR, you need a shadow box to shoot pics
    I know, but it's not like I'm trying to sell the thing; just a quick snap shot. Heck, I didnt even shoot in RAW.
    08-17-11 10:34 PM
    That holster looks reminiscent of my Torch which I'm a little apprehensive about. I've attached a photo to show why. In the corner of the Torch holster, the seams came apart after maybe a few weeks of use. However, after using my 9900 holster for a whole day, I can safely say it hasn't come apart yet! Clearly, this proves the quality is far superior!
    08-17-11 10:34 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I got the smooth one. Weird.
    08-17-11 10:36 PM
    Did you purchase the Torch's case or did it come with the phone? That case is similar to the quality one RIM is selling for the 9930.
    08-17-11 10:37 PM
    I know, but it's not like I'm trying to sell the thing; just a quick snap shot. Heck, I didnt even shoot in RAW.
    It's a good picture BTW Just little digital humor
    08-17-11 10:37 PM
    I'm not surprise that the one shown in the accessory page is not the same one as we got with the phone. Those are considered OEM accessories and I am sure the pebbled leather case costs more a tiny bit more vs the one we got. It would be nice if RIM had offered a store credit towards a case of your choice instead of a case, but getting something included is still good.
    08-18-11 01:15 PM
    I believe the one we got is cheaper pleather version while one with red stitch is real leather and costs bit more.
    08-19-11 11:26 PM
    The case pictured in the OP is the "Leather Swivel Holster". Supposedly available from Blackberry.com.

BlackBerryBold99309900LeatherSwivelHolster - RIM US $39.99
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-20-11 at 12:56 AM. Reason: corrected product identification
    08-19-11 11:48 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD