ok

this one is for current verizon blackberry owners specifically...

are you able to download ringtones to your (for instance) 8830?

I am going to buy the pearl 8130 on november 1st and I would love to be able to do this. I know verizon tries to get its subscribers to do this through v-cast...does the 8830 even have v-cast? I know the pearl isn't out yet, but i thought the 8830 would be a good yardstick for whether or not this might be possible. I hate paying one to three dollars for a stupid ringtone... I would love to put some custom ringtones on my new berry without coughing up blood money to do it.

I really want the guitar intro to "can't you hear me knockin" by the rolling stones to be one of my ringtones... I love that song...

anyway..thanks all

-db

happy monday
    10-08-07 06:11 PM
    The 8830 doesn't have vcast or Get It Now . . . you can download them from websites or make your own and transfer them over using the desktop manager.

-Anthony
    10-08-07 09:34 PM
    Tru dat. You can load up all the download or homemade ringtones you want. Way better than Get It Now.
    10-08-07 10:00 PM
    much appreciated.

i thought the os between the two will be similar...

-db
    10-09-07 03:38 AM
    hi--can you guys reccommend any sites that are reliable for downloading ringtones-- i have a bberry 8830 and i am with verizon (no luck downloading from them!!)? thanks so much!!!!
    09-04-08 06:22 PM
    myxertones.com is good with verizon phones
    09-05-08 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD