would you suggest the pocket over the ivolution grip?
    Thats a personal call, depends how you use your phone and what you need out of a case. I like to use my phone naked, but demand the sleeper fuction. So a pouch works perfectly for me when I need to put the phone in my pocket.
    02-09-09 04:44 PM
    I've had one, have one on order for my Storm. They are well worth the $. Very high quality: very usable, attractive, and protective. Doubt there is a better case out there that covers all 3 of those items.
    02-14-09 10:16 PM
    I don't see one for the Storm on their site ... what gives?
    03-06-09 11:16 AM
    BEWARE. They are probably fine if nothing goes wrong, but if it does their customer service is appalling. In our case there was an error from FedEx who failed to deliver the case to us in England. Since Vaja are in Argentina, they gave FedEx instructions to destroy the case. A lady called Maria in customer service simply refused to refund our money, blaming FedEx. However, since Vaja are FedEx's customer, we can only claim from Vaja (I know this sounds complicated). But basically for over $100 I have talked to FedEx, emailed Vaja and had much aggravation but no case. On searching i have found similar stories all over the Internet. It is pretty clear that Vaja's cases are fine, but their systems are not very reliable and their customer service ethos is, to put it politely, not what US or UK people would expect. I guess you can either cross your fingers that nothing goes wrong, because if it does they are to far away to chase, or find a case manufacturer or retailer who cares about their customers.
    03-06-09 11:20 AM
    BEWARE. They are probably fine if nothing goes wrong, but if it does their customer service is appalling. In our case there was an error from FedEx who failed to deliver the case to us in England. Since Vaja are in Argentina, they gave FedEx instructions to destroy the case. A lady called Maria in customer service simply refused to refund our money, blaming FedEx. However, since Vaja are FedEx's customer, we can only claim from Vaja (I know this sounds complicated). But basically for over $100 I have talked to FedEx, emailed Vaja and had much aggravation but no case. On searching i have found similar stories all over the Internet. It is pretty clear that Vaja's cases are fine, but their systems are not very reliable and their customer service ethos is, to put it politely, not what US or UK people would expect. I guess you can either cross your fingers that nothing goes wrong, because if it does they are to far away to chase, or find a case manufacturer or retailer who cares about their customers.
    Why didn't you try calling the main office located in Miami, FL? Also, they send out an email from Fedex with tracking information, which has an estimated delivery date. So, you could have track the package and, the first sign(s) of an issue called Fedex.....
    03-06-09 11:44 AM
    Haven't had recent experience, but when I bought case for my previous phone I had some problems with belt clip, and they couldn't have been more helpful - replaced quickly & foc.
    03-06-09 12:00 PM
    Gotta admit, Vaja cases look great on the web site, but then, don't we all?

In addition to form, there's function. I've read a lot on multiple forums on what people do/don't like about their Storm cases/holsters, and distilled my requirements down to the list below. Can anyone comment on how well the Vaja cases measure up, and which model fits the criteria best?

1) Hold the phone securely yet allow fast/easy removal, as I like to actually use it naked

2) Have a removable clip so it can function strictly as a protective case in my pocket

3) Add very little bulk or weight when being used as a protective case

4) Not cover the LED, the speaker, microphone or volume control when the Storm is in it (Using BerryBuzz, which colour codes LED notifications, and after all, it is supposed to be a good MP-3 player, no?)

5) Support sleep mode

6) Transmit vibration well

Thanks for your help - R.
    03-06-09 04:21 PM
    No one? Just got my Fortte Vertical Pouch and it misses on #4 (covers LED with front panel and speaker with strap.

Dang - looked nice, too!

- R.
    03-11-09 08:03 PM
    Considering how frequently new and improved phones are being released I would say no its not worth it.

The Storm 2 or something better will be released soon and I'm pretty sure that expensive Vaja case won't fit it.

If phones had the lifespan of, say, videogame consoles then it would be worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 08:31 PM
    Those are nice but they're a little to expensive for my blood
    03-11-09 08:36 PM
    Vaja takes forever to deliver and aren't cheap at all. But as someone said you get what you pay for. Even 'premium' cases don't come close. No other case I've seen is made as well. Materials are flawless, the cases are sturdy and the belt clips rock (don't stretch/wear out, etc). I've been using 'em since the Treo 600 came out and the cases have outlasted the phones.
    I tried to find one with a belt clip (holster?) on the Vaja site, but all of their Storm cases seem to be clip-less. I have to wear it on my belt as a preference.
    03-11-09 08:40 PM
    so i just have to put my 2 cents in since i just recieved my new vaja ivolution last week, and in one word, amazing. First off the build quality is superb, the storm fits in so snug that it feels like its part of the phone and not a case. it has a real natural feel, not like other bulky cases. Second it looks amazing. since i've gotten it i've had so many complements on it and they all fell in love with it once they got to feel it. also if you love the smell of leather this is top notch, leather feels great when you have it in your hand. I can go on and on about this. The cons that i have about it is that the case does cover the LED light, which is disapointing but i think i got over that fast. Sound still comes out great. one thing that i still need to get used to is typing horizontal with the case on. since ive had the case i find myself typing vertical because you need to put the frond flap over the the back but it sticks out about an inch, its def. duable but just need to get used to it.
    03-11-09 09:15 PM
    Worse yet, no sleeper magnet on vaja cases. No sleeper magnet = worthless to me.
    03-11-09 10:11 PM
    actually there is a sleeper magnet, do your research first
    03-12-09 12:22 AM
    Love the look on these cases, crlata - I'm jealous. From what you've said I assume it's the iVolution Top series? If you have the clip, what's it like to slip in a pocket with the clip removed?

As an FYI for sleeper stuff, I'd read on other forums that the ivolution cases had no sleeper magnet, so sinnerman may have done the same research I did. I even emailed Vaja asking this but had never heard back. On the web site it appears the Classic Pocket and Balance cases don't have sleeper magnets, the iVolution Top series do, and the iVolution Grip don't. So everyone's right. <g>

Too bad about the LED coverage as I'm using BerryBuzz. Or if only the BB had audible reminders that lasted until you touched the screen rather than dying after 15 min. Sigh ... I am soooo jealous - those cases are gorgeous!

- R.
    03-12-09 01:01 AM
    Love the look on these cases, crlata - I'm jealous. From what you've said I assume it's the iVolution Top series? If you have the clip, what's it like to slip in a pocket with the clip removed?

As an FYI for sleeper stuff, I'd read on other forums that the ivolution cases had no sleeper magnet, so sinnerman may have done the same research I did. I even emailed Vaja asking this but had never heard back. On the web site it appears the Classic Pocket and Balance cases don't have sleeper magnets, the iVolution Top series do, and the iVolution Grip don't. So everyone's right. <g>

Too bad about the LED coverage as I'm using BerryBuzz. Or if only the BB had audible reminders that lasted until you touched the screen rather than dying after 15 min. Sigh ... I am soooo jealous - those cases are gorgeous!

- R.
    The classic pocket DOES have a sleeper magnet.
    03-12-09 05:36 AM
    I prefer the SENA case...cheaper, well made and fits the Storm well.
    03-12-09 05:56 AM
    i have the ivolution top sp, this model does have a sleeper magnet.
    03-12-09 11:10 AM
    ok...my $0.02...

I previously had a Vaja for my Treo 650. Loved it, but it was bulky for a pocket, and I didn't get it with a clip, as I had not liked them popping off in the past. It was a very durable, well-fitting case.

Now, I got my new iVolution Top SP a week ago tomorrow, for my Storm. It is beautiful. Fits perfectly. But...I have had the top flap fall off the top of the phone a couple of times, when I hadn't meant it to; it is supposed to have a speeper magnet; but I'm not convinced that it does at all...if so, it works irratically. The case is much lighter and flexible than my previous case...good and bad. The top flap can be folded back behind the case. It doesn't really get in my way with texting. I do like it better coming off the bottom though; just my personal preference. The Storm screen pushes hard at the very bottom, from the firmness of the case. It is made well and fits perfect. The clip is hard to open, but I think it will not come off easily. Putting it in your pocket without the clip is probably do-able, this case is not as thick as my previous one. I will give it some more time for further thoughts; but all-in-all, I'm a bit disappointed with what I expected from my previous experience, and for the $.

update: ok the sleeper magnet is there, works if I push it against the screen of the phone. I'm going to try to squish the case with something heavy so it will make consinuous contact (screen: magnet) and work well.....
    Last edited by walkingrock; 03-13-09 at 08:07 PM. Reason: update
    03-12-09 09:27 PM
    If you're a business user, yes.
    03-12-09 09:44 PM
    Ditto to the above. My gf has had a Vaja on her Pearl for over 2 years. It's the play-through version (no flap or cover). It adds plenty of protection from drops, etc. A Vaja case and a BSE screen protector is all the protection you need IMO. I just ordered one for my 8900.

As mentioned above, the Vaja cases are a few steps above the typical leather case, even 'deluxe' cases. The fit and workmanship are amazing. The fit like a glove, with smooth rounded edges and no unsightly stitching all over the front like pretty much all other leather cases. They are on the thin side so I like the play-through version as a permanent fixture. (I have a Vaja case for my old Sony NW-HD5 music player and it looks and feels like part of the device, not just a case stuck onto it.
    03-19-09 11:25 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD