Attachment 69036

Does anyone know if the new USB Power Plug is available for sale yet?

I may have to use an iPhone cube until it comes out?
    08-05-10 08:48 AM
    I don't know, but I still use the one that I had with my 7520! Great backup charger and USB cord all-in-one. I think that should still offer this design.
    08-05-10 08:54 AM
    08-06-10 01:50 PM
    jstoltz, that's a nice one by LG but it remains the same size as the original OEM one and I really wanted to reduce travel size.
    But, I may still consider it.
    Thanks!
    08-06-10 02:51 PM
    Thanks Pete, that is the charger that comes with the 9700 now.
    Was hoping for a smaller one!
    08-06-10 02:55 PM
    jstoltz, that's a nice one by LG but it remains the same size as the original OEM one and I really wanted to reduce travel size.
    But, I may still consider it.
    Thanks!
    The benefit I get out of it is I don't have to carry a separate USB cable like I would if I used my BB OEM gear. My mistake, I thought that is what you were looking for.
    08-07-10 04:30 PM
    Guess what? The USB power plug is now available for individual sale!!!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=BS_CZh1-

My question is this.......

Does it do a quick charge like the good ol' wall chargers, or does it trickle charge?

I like this design a lot. And though it is $15, which seems like a lot, I may get at least one or two. One for popping in my computer bag (this and the usb cable smaller than the wallcharger I have in there now). And as a second, or maybe the one for now, for my kitchen counter (away from food/beverages/heat/etc) where I leave the BB charging at night. Would be neater/cleaner.....good WAF factor there.....
    08-13-10 12:39 PM
    Also available from Amazon for about $10 + $3 shipping. Still to expensive (IMO) considering it doesn't include the USB cable. Hopefully prices will be reduced as supply increases and demand goes down.
    Last edited by jstoltz; 08-14-10 at 12:03 PM.
    08-14-10 11:58 AM
    Thanks!

Thanks to all of you for your help. You gave me some great different plugs to look at.
    I saw it here at CB and (being a loyal customer/member) decided to get it from here.
    Thanks.
    I imagine that it charges at full speed since it it charges at the same voltage as the OEM that came with the 9700.
    08-14-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD