Has anyone had/heard of this problem:

I can charge my 8830 with the USB cord connected to my computer, but not with a wall charger. When I plug into the outlet (any outlet, I have tried many) the batt charge icon coms on momentarily but then goes out. I have tried my travel charger with a couple diff USB cords and I have tried two different other standard blackberry wall chargers... same thing. Only will stay connected for charging when plugged into the computer USB.

Thanks!
    06-04-08 09:08 AM
    It sound like your BB is defective.
    06-04-08 11:16 AM
    check the charge port..if its missing any of the gold prong things in it, you're prolly gonna have to replace your berry. the same thing happened to my first pearl and i had to replace it. it kind of sounds more like it could be your wall charger since it charges by usb just not the wall. maybe you could try a different one? good luck!
    06-04-08 11:31 AM
    It sounds like your wall charger is broken, not the Blackberry. I would take the BB into a verizon store, with the wall charger. With all of the USB style chargers around, they might just up and give you one from a returned phone.

At&t did this for me with my old Razr. The phone was pretty new (2 months old if I remember), had to hassle a little, but they eventually gave me a new charger. I use that same charger to charge my Berry at work if it needs some juice!
    06-04-08 11:42 AM
    Unfortunately, both that I have and one at a verizon store resulted in the same problem... strange, the usb port works connected directly to the computer but not to any wall charger... it's going back today, c'est la vie.
    06-04-08 11:46 AM
    defective port. i just had number 4 fail today. it appears the wire contact in the usb port wear down or get bent out of contact easily.

i have barely had this thing for a month and this will be number 5 using the factory cables and chargers only.
    10-21-08 12:31 PM
    You should try using the original BlackBerry wall charger or possibly a Motorola unit. These are the only wall chargres that are absolutely known t work with a BlackBerry phone.
    10-21-08 12:36 PM
    use a dock and charge cradle. it does not use the usb port to charge
    03-07-09 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD