Does the USB cable charge the battey at the same speed as the AC charger? ie. does charging the BB via a USB connection to your computer charge at the same speed as using a typical AC charger that comes with the phone?

I'm deciding if I need to buy another AC charger for work or if I can get the same charging speed by just plugging it into my computer...

Thanks!

-Matt
    12-17-08 08:22 PM
    It does charge, but I am not positive of speed. I know from half a battery, mine charges within an hour of being connected to the computer.

But then again it might be like car chargers, meant for speed, but not good quality charge. I've noticed with "stupid" phones, car charger will charge full battery from almost dead in an hour, but it only lasts half as long, where home charger would take 2-3 hours and the fresh battery would last all day.

I've only had mine a week, so let's wait for more answers from experienced crackers...ok that doesn't sound good, bb'ers?....ok how about cb'ers...lol either way let's wait.

12-17-08 08:26 PM
    Mine charges faster by wall charging...
    12-17-08 08:29 PM
    i charge mine mainly by usb and car just cuz i xfer stuff to my phone alot and hence hooked up to the pc alot. but i can go probly 2 days on a charge from the usb if i just do basic texting and some surfing and gmaps here and there.
    12-17-08 08:36 PM
    USB cables do not charge as quickly nor as reliably as wall chargers, but they are generally better than car chargers. The order of preference is Wall Charger, USB Cable, Car Charger. Wall chargers can charge at a higher current and voltage, therefore they can charge faster. My wall charger is rated at 5.2V at 600mA. USB cables are limited to the USB spec, which is 5V at 500mA. And not all USB ports can deliver the full rated power. It's not uncommon to read posts where the front USB port won't charge a BlackBerry, but the rear one will. Car Chargers are the worst, because they have to deal with the worst input power conditions.

With any charger, you don't have to worry about over-charging. The BlackBerry controls the charging process, and stops charging when it is full. So if a charger will charge the phone at all, it can be used.
    12-17-08 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD