I am using non-official power cord for my new blackberry. And the phone is flashing green and red while it is charging. Could I be ruining the battery.

Also, I hear a beep on the bluetooth earphone intermittently.

Don't want to ruin the new blackberry!

Also, I as told to charge the first time for 12 hours.

I would think that would be an overcharge if done on a regualr basis.

what is the optimal amount of time to charge it , if one wants to incres the storage capacity of the battery..
    thanks in advance for any help here. newbie on the forum.
    09-21-09 11:26 AM
    tske thing and toss it before you ruin a perfectly good berry
    09-21-09 11:32 AM
    I am using non-official power cord for my new blackberry. And the phone is flashing green and red while it is charging. Could I be ruining the battery.

Also, I hear a beep on the bluetooth earphone intermittently.

Don't want to ruin the new blackberry!

Also, I as told to charge the first time for 12 hours.

I would think that would be an overcharge if done on a regualr basis.

what is the optimal amount of time to charge it , if one wants to incres the storage capacity of the battery..
    thanks in advance for any help here. newbie on the forum.
    Get the official plug, or a high quality one with the same specs.

There is no way to charge it too much, charge as long as you like.
    09-21-09 11:39 AM
    ya im telling you...if you cook off that berry your gonna kick yourself
    09-21-09 01:48 PM
    Get a BlackBerry charger. I semi-ruined my HTC s620 with a cheep car charger from Walmart. Now my meter is gone crazy. It show me being pluged in, when I'm not. When runnin' on a full charge it reads 100% 'til it shuts off. When I restart it's at 10 to 20%. It's overclocked so I keep a spare battery and reload every 6 to 8 hours. That is what has led me to RIM. it's too much work being a WM power user. WM 6.5 is great, but I realy wanna try something new. I 'm gettin a 8320 on Fri. Could have went Q9m or BlackJack II for the same price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 08:19 PM
    Don't do it! It may work now but it might fry it up with long time use. One of my friends Pearls got fried because he used a different USB charger. You will totally hate yourself when you BB gets fried.

09-21-09 09:03 PM
    i recommend the same thing. my previous bb wouldn't charge at all once i plugged it in with the non-bb charger. when i found my bb charger it wouldnt work with it, only with the non-bb charger. eventually ended up having to get a new bb. if i do use a non-bb charger its only in the car, but that one is such a high end charger, its done no damage but i hardly ever use it, cause my phone is always charged.
    09-21-09 09:21 PM
    yeah so theres the consensus
    09-21-09 11:41 PM
    My LED had all kinds of colors when I first started using my seidio battery with a oem charger. Just meant the battery was super low. Was it a new battery. I use my old motorola charger in my car. I would just make sure the charger output is less than a blackberry charger and frying it is unlikely. My moto charger is less, just takes more time to charge. But use at own risk.

09-22-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD