Before I begin, I'd like to say I've already looked at previous posts on this issue and I'm still having difficulty. That said, I'd like to be able to assign unknown numbers a ring tone of their own.

Does anyone know how to do this on BB OS6? the OS5 explanation looks solid for Bolds and Curves but as I said, no Torch customers seem to be interested in this other than me.

Thanks for your help guys, I love this forum!
    01-03-11 12:56 PM
    really? no one can help me on this?
    self-bump!
    01-11-11 01:45 PM
    Neat idea, but I've never seen an ability to do this. Be great to make unknown callers ring on silent.
    01-11-11 03:54 PM
    Maybe this. Give everyone a ring tone other than the default, than set default to silent. That's why I miss my moto Razr v1. Had the option to only allow callers that were in my address book to ring through. I wish other phone manufacturers had this feature.

Before I begin, I'd like to say I've already looked at previous posts on this issue and I'm still having difficulty. That said, I'd like to be able to assign unknown numbers a ring tone of their own.

Does anyone know how to do this on BB OS6? the OS5 explanation looks solid for Bolds and Curves but as I said, no Torch customers seem to be interested in this other than me.

Thanks for your help guys, I love this forum!
    01-12-11 09:27 AM
    seems that you will need to change the "Normal" on your screen, then assign all others a specific ringtone.
    01-12-11 01:32 PM
    It's not going to happen using the phone itself. Maybe look around for a third party app to make it happen. I believe there are some programs to block known spammers, maybe they also extend to unknown/private #'s
    01-12-11 01:50 PM
    Perhaps this is a feature of the callblocker app in appword?
    01-12-11 02:34 PM
    OP,
    I think you are hoping to assign a specific ringtone to all numbers that show up as "UNKNOWN CALLER." If so, setting the normal ringtone to that specific ringtone will not work. That ringtone will ring for not only UNKNOWN CALLER but also for any other number that isn't in your contacts.

I, too, am interested in this function. I'll be interested if you come up with an answer.
    01-21-11 09:45 PM
    with the unknown number topic in mind.... does anyone know why a known good number in my address book would come up as unknown on my phone when that person calls me?
    01-23-11 10:24 PM
    with the unknown number topic in mind.... does anyone know why a known good number in my address book would come up as unknown on my phone when that person calls me?
    This is OT overkill, but you might have the same number saved in two different contacts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 11:43 AM
    Sometimes on my phone the number comes up with the Country code in front of the actual number I have stored in my phone in which case it comes up with just the number and no details that I have stored as the number is different. So, I store these numbers both with and without the area codes.
    01-25-11 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD