I've had the torch for a week. Still getting it going. I'm using my bold's factory holster.
    When I came back from a lunch today, the kybd language was espaniol and the 3g radio was turned off. I happened to be at a cyber security meeting, I thought somebody hacked my phone to be a smarta$$.
    I turned the radio back on and. Reset the kybd. When I got up for a break I notice I had started 7 blank txt msgs.
    I realized that the auditorium seating was causing me to accidentally push some touch screen icons when the BB was in the bold's holster.
    I thought the holster magnet triggered a sleep lock when holstered.
    I searched the options and could not find a holstered setting for a sleep mode.

Is the Torch supposed to go to sleep when holstered? Is there a setting for that? Do I need a Torch holster?

TIA, Phil.
    I've been Torched!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 08:40 PM
    The magnet in the Bold holster is in the wrong location to put the Torch to sleep. You'll need the Torch or 8300 series holster to do the trick.~ecm

03-31-11 09:57 PM
    8300 series holster works great for a naked torch (as does a torch holster). If you have a case / skin (ie: agf grt case) then the 8830 holster should work.

U can find them for cheap on ebay

04-01-11 06:32 AM
    Thank you. It was really irratating.
    I keep hitting the sleep button also by accident. I'd put it to sleep, stick in the holster, and wake it up.
    Wierd. I hope a new case takes care of the problem.
    Yeah, right, had to move the magnet, huh. I just find it hard to go along with that, without voicing an objection to that type of business conduct. (unless there was an engineering issue).
    Thanks again.
    Phil

04-01-11 05:30 PM
    The same issue for me was solved with a Torch pocket pouch and PatternLock. The screen locks when the phone is holstered to prevent all those keyboard problems. For months now the device and I have gotten along well.

04-01-11 07:42 PM
    Would recomend patternlock as great solution to your problem

04-02-11 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD