I'm going to be upgrading to a Tour at the end of the month and am looking into skins/cases. I really like the look of the OtterBox case (I've seen a Tour in an Otterbox and got to handle it as well). I'm also looking at Seidio's cases.

With my 8830WE, I go from desktop cradle, to holster, to car kit (THC Comfort Cradle that charges the BB while in the cradle) in the Jeep and on my motorcycle. I use my BB for GPS all the time and having it in the car kit not only keeps it charged, it keeps the GPS screen available as well. I haven't put a skin/case on my 8830 since I couldn't find a solution that would let me do all that with the case on.

It seems like Seidio has a desktop charging cradle for the Tour that will hold/charge it while in the case. It doens't look like OtterBox has that option. Neither seem to have a car-kit option. I guess I could modify a holster to attach it to a suction-cup arm, but I would have to do some serious mods (including taking the sleep magnet out), and go with an external charger.

Any suggestions? I want to protect my new Tour, but still keep functionality. I like the ruggedness of the OtterBox and Innocase, just not the idea of losing my mobile GPS while riding/driving. I guess I could go with a skin, but that would mean pulling the skin on/off all the time...

Any ideas?
    10-09-09 09:00 AM
    check out zeevideo on youtube...he reviews like every case there is for the tour.
    I have the innocase I for my curve and love it with the holster.
    The innocase II slides on instead of snapping on so it is easier to get on and off....
    I sold my charging pod because the case wouldn't fit.
    I also use an invisible shield on my screen.

http://www.youtube.com/my_subscripti...asthead=1&as=1
    10-09-09 09:19 AM
    Here is a place I looked at for some skins, not too pricey and they look decent. Xbox Skins ? Custom Xbox Skins and Xbox Stickers for Game Consoles and Controllers you might find something you like.
    10-09-09 09:23 AM
    The Tour's buttons are placed a little close to the edges which is fine for me unless I have a case on it. I tried the Innocase II, which I just loved on the 8900, but didnt like on the Tour after 3 weeks of use. Many love the Epik case also. It is a cheap solution but takes a couple weeks to get. I now am running a 2600 battery from Seidio so unless they decide to have a snap style case for the 2600 battery I'll just continue to let it run nekkid. My biggest problem with the Innocase is the edges made it harder for me to hit the keys. It's ALL about personal preference. I gave my Innocase to a friend and she loves it.
    10-09-09 09:31 AM
    Body glove case. I love it. Hard case with a rubber skin on it. Works very good.
    10-09-09 09:33 AM
    I had the same question yesterday when I jumped into the BB waters with Vzw and the Bogo using the Tour. I got the Otter Box for a great price (I think) and it is everything I want in a case. Just this n00b's .02

Nuthman~
    10-09-09 09:49 AM
    I just got the Innovase II and it is easily the best case I have used so far. I reccomend it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 10:31 AM
    Hum, this is a good question. I've never used my past BB as a GPS because Verizon always locked up the GPS chip. On the new Tour I just ordered though I should be able to use it, though it'll be rare.

With that said, I think I'm gonna order an Epik. Does anyone know if I'll be able to order a cradle for charging and NOT have to remove the Epik to charge it?

I've seen picks of the Epik case and the back is cutout where the cradle connector is located to make contact, if it'll reach in there and touch the copper.

My last phone has been a Pearl 8130 and I just used it 2 years with no case, straight in my pocket. it got kinda beat up, but not too bad. I'd like to treat this one a bit better but not if I can't use a cradle.
    10-09-09 10:40 AM
    With that said, I think I'm gonna order an Epik. Does anyone know if I'll be able to order a cradle for charging and NOT have to remove the Epik to charge it?

I've seen picks of the Epik case and the back is cutout where the cradle connector is located to make contact, if it'll reach in there and touch the copper.
    I have both the Epik case and cradle. You'll have to remove the case.

The only case I've seen that has the ability to charge in a cradle is the Seidio one (Innocase) and it uses a Seidio proprietary cradle.
    10-09-09 10:47 AM
    i would go with an epik. if you want style, comfort, protection (but not ability to charge while in case, which i think is very minor) go with the epik. very nice and well made case and budget friendly
    10-09-09 10:57 AM
    Hum, tough call. Cause I really like the idea of the case, AND the cradle. For anyone who has one, can I possibly cut the back of the Epik out larger and make it pick up contact in a cradle? I may look at the Inno and the Seido cradle, but I'm sure that's a bit more costly that I'm looking for.
    10-09-09 11:01 AM
    epik case and epik holster.
    10-09-09 11:07 AM
    Datdude, not sure if you're responding to me, but do you mean epik case and cradle? I don't want a holster and I don't think that would help me put it in a cradle with the case still on it right? Maybe I'm confused.
    10-09-09 11:23 AM
    Ok, I just watched the videos by Zee doing case reviews. I like the Innocase II a lot and he mentions that they are supposed to be coming out with a cradle that lets you charge it in the case. Does anyone know if that cradle is out yet? I havn't been able to find it.

Also, I'm a big Gamecock fan so I think I like the burgundy colored case. Can anyone confirm that its not really more of a girly red and is in fact a decent crisp rich burgundy that looks nice?

Thanks....and for the record USC is Garnet, but burgundy is usually the best we can do on things like this. LOL
    10-09-09 02:03 PM
    I'm also looking for a case for my tour, I need something rugged, mmy hands seem to repel technology lol. And always nice to meet a fellow gamecock fan!
    10-09-09 03:45 PM
    I like the shell/holster sold at Verizon along with the 3M privacy screen cover. I use these now after always going with full body skins from BSE.

And for the record I'm a Clemson fan so you likely will disagree - don't we on everything?

10-09-09 03:55 PM
    Hey hey, apparently several SC folks on here. So, I'm still torn about this case. I want a nice snug case and the ability to cradle it in the case.
    Someone said epik case and cradle but I havn't seen an epik cradle and their case seems to have the contact pads concealed.

After watching Zee's reviews he says the inno II did not hinder typing on the side keys and mentioned a matched cradle coming out that lets you charge with that case but I cant find it anywhere.

Anyone heard of this???
    10-09-09 04:48 PM
    I have the burgundy and it is very dark. I don't think its girly at all. It is like the gamecock colors but a tad darker. Email seidio and they will get back to you. I am sure they will have a cradle. I use the inocase one which snaps and is a pain to take on and off. The innocase II seems as if it would be easier

10-09-09 05:03 PM
    i think whatever you guys choose will be depending on what you are looking for...regardless, we gotta baby our tours...
    10-09-09 05:05 PM
    I like the shell/holster sold at Verizon along with the 3M privacy screen cover. I use these now after always going with full body skins from BSE.

And for the record I'm a Clemson fan so you likely will disagree - don't we on everything?

As long as ya'll keep having a crappy season im happy
    10-09-09 06:55 PM
    Ok, I just watched the videos by Zee doing case reviews. I like the Innocase II a lot and he mentions that they are supposed to be coming out with a cradle that lets you charge it in the case. Does anyone know if that cradle is out yet? I havn't been able to find it.

Also, I'm a big Gamecock fan so I think I like the burgundy colored case. Can anyone confirm that its not really more of a girly red and is in fact a decent crisp rich burgundy that looks nice?

Thanks....and for the record USC is Garnet, but burgundy is usually the best we can do on things like this. LOL
    The cradle is out, I got mine yesterday. I love it. It charges with the case or without the case, it has a sleeve you have to pop out if you want to use it with the case. Seidio site has $10 off cradle right now, which is a great savings.

I also have the burgundy innoII...it is a very rich, dark black toned burgundy, not feminine at all. Looks very sharp against the black of the tour. My favourite stone is garnet, thus why I chose the burgundy. It is much darker than it looks in the photos on the website in my opinion. The website photos make it look more "red".

I love the case, it is perfect. Easy enough to get on and off if needed, doesn't affect the functions of the buttons at all in my opinion, and feels nice in the hand. I'm a fan, and I'm extremely picky.
    Last edited by serijules; 10-09-09 at 10:27 PM.
    10-09-09 10:25 PM
    As long as ya'll keep having a crappy season im happy
    We became a basketball school 15 years ago. Sad some Clemson fans are just now realizing that. Of course, our bowl game will be Thanksgiving weekend this year in Columbia....

10-09-09 10:39 PM
    Ordered an Innocase II and charging dock last night, looking forward to it.
    10-09-09 11:14 PM
    I found the seidioonline.com site. I guess thats the one. I'll have to look when I get a minute longer to look. headed out to the game right now. I saw one cradle on there was 35 and one was 25. I'll ahve to see which fits the Inno II with the case on it and I'll prob go with that. Not too bad.

Thanks
    and.. Go COCKS!!
    10-10-09 08:51 AM
    the only case i liked were the ones that didn't interfere with my getting to the keys. i've noticed that most were a bit thick that was kind of annoying when it came to the side keys like delete, return, etc. i opted for the really thin rubber case. gives enough protection and slip-free grip and keeps it clean. that's all i really wanted.
    10-10-09 10:55 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD