Hiya,

I'm not sure whether this is just a setting I need to change (although I've been looking extensively) or an issue. Either way, I'd be really grateful if anyone's able to shed some light. Apologies if I've missed a particular thread that already addressed this. I'm not quite sure exactly what sort of wording I'm looking for to describe this particular setting/issue.

So basically my Torch will only unlock when I use the keys. I've been trying it out with several different passwords (mainly to make sure I'm not just pressing an extra button with every try) but each time it's the same. Right now I have my password set to just four numbers. I've tried different layouts, different keyboard options, battery pulls, you name it. Every time I enter the four digits on the touchscreen keyboard, no matter how slowly and free of error, it just gives me the incorrect password message and counts as one of my ten attempts. However when I open the keyboard and enter the same password using physical keys, it's fine.

Is this something I can change? Perhaps a security feature that I can disable? I have downloaded pattern lock in the past, but currently it's uninstalled. (If that makes any difference.) Other than that, the default lock is all I've used.

Also, this isn't directly related but an issue I'm having nonetheless, every time I use QuickPull, do a manual battery pull or just turn the phone off, my wallpaper resets back to the default carrier theme wall. The image I was previously using for my wallpaper is still intact, able to be accessed, etc. Once I change it to said image (or any other image) again, everything's fine while the phone is on. But once it goes off, straight back to default.

Sorry this is massively long. Many thanks for anyone that's able to help.
    03-11-11 03:20 AM
    Is your password a number by anychance? If it is, when you made the password did you remember to hold the alt key while typing in the numbers?

Ex. If my password on the physical keyboard is "2210".. And I didn't click and hold the alt key while typing in 2210 during the password setup... My password is actually "eew0" NOT "2210"...

Try typing in the letters of the "number keys" when you use your virtual keyboard I gurantee it will work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 02:59 PM
    If you don't use a pw just get a lock app like Patternlock

03-11-11 03:01 PM
    RIM should start making their latest keyboards with red number keys and a red alt key, so people actually notice that to put in numbers you need to press the alt key, because regrettably, the virtual keyboard does not show numbers on keys like the physical keyboard. They are prone to use direct typing on physical and then use alt on virtual.
    03-11-11 05:42 PM
    RIM should start making their latest keyboards with red number keys and a red alt key, so people actually notice that to put in numbers you need to press the alt key, because regrettably, the virtual keyboard does not show numbers on keys like the physical keyboard. They are prone to use alt on virtual and not in the physical.
    Blame AT&T, not rim. They specifically request the non-red (white) number keys. Even going back as far as the 9000, AT&T version keys are all white, other carriers use red.
    03-11-11 05:43 PM
    Blame AT&T, not rim. They specifically request the non-red (white) number keys. Even going back as far as the 9000, AT&T version keys are all white, other carriers use red.
    I see the latest models defaulting to white keyboards, so its not only AT&T. At least for the torch i cant find an oem keyboard with red numbers like on previous models. The 9780 comes all white on rogers and tmobile also. The 9670 also defaults to white, even the 9300.
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-11-11 at 05:55 PM.
    03-11-11 05:48 PM
    I see the latest models defaulting to white keyboards, so its not only AT&T. At least for the torch i cant find an oem keyboard with red numbers like on previous models. The 9780 comes all white on rogers and tmobile also. The 9670 also defaults to white, even the 9300.
    Carriers can request style changes though. They generally dictate what colors of the phone are released on their networks for example.

RIM doesn't go to VZ and say "we have red and pink available", then go to Sprint and say "we have blue and black" available. The carriers put in the requests based on what they think will sell.

RIM produces what the carriers request. It's possible the carriers no longer care about the red keyboards at all. If they requested it, the parts would exist.
    03-11-11 07:37 PM
    Also, this isn't directly related but an issue I'm having nonetheless, every time I use QuickPull, do a manual battery pull or just turn the phone off, my wallpaper resets back to the default carrier theme wall. The image I was previously using for my wallpaper is still intact, able to be accessed, etc. Once I change it to said image (or any other image) again, everything's fine while the phone is on. But once it goes off, straight back to default.
    Having this problem but only with certain pictures. Any thoughts on what about the pictures may be causing this?

05-25-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD