Hey everyone,

So I added a new custom profile but for some reason, I can't select the ringtones I downloaded. So when I am selecting a tone for emails, bbm, etc. it only shows me the preloaded ringtones. But when i selected the phone tone, it allowed to select only the same tone I used on the Normal profile. I downloaded a new ringtone, then chose set as phone. I go back to profiles, and if I try to change it, I still am only able to see the preloaded ringtones.

Anyone know how to see all my ringtones?
    09-28-10 09:34 AM
    When you tap on the ringtone selection to bring up the list of ringtones, there should be at the bottom "All Alerts..." - when you tap that, it brings you to a master list of everything.

There's also "All Music..." which lets you choose from things outside of the "ringtones" folders.
    09-28-10 09:51 AM
    yea, I tried all alerts. It only shows me the att ringtones. None of mines
    09-28-10 10:12 AM
    Where did you save your ringtones? There's a ringtones folder on both the internal storage and your microSD card - are they in there and not one that you created on your own or elsewhere?
    09-28-10 10:22 AM
    yea, I have them in the ringtone folder. Didn't switch it since converting from my 9700. But now that you said that, let me plug this baby up and check my media card.
    09-28-10 10:26 AM
    Are these ringtones you downloaded for your 9800 or your 9700?

I think they come in .rem format and only work on the phone you downloaded them to...

EDIT: This thread might be similar to the problem you're having:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ri...0-bold-514976/
    09-28-10 10:36 AM
    ooo ok, thanks Jeff!
    09-28-10 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD