I know I've seen threads where they talked about the flap on the OEM Torch leather case separating. Now I'm noticing parts of the main body of the case separating too! (where it's not stitched) I think this is ridiculous... is this covered under a warranty for the case? I don't think I should have to pay for a new one after I only had this case for a few months... and I don't even treat it rough.
    02-08-11 08:20 AM
    Contact your carrier and as them. I don't think that manufactures them directly, they are outsourced.
    02-08-11 08:30 AM
    I bought mine at telus when I picked up my Torch. The lining began to delaminate after about 6 weeks. I took it in, they replaced it. Check back with your carrier if you bought it there. (All they can say is no.) ~ecm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 09:23 AM
    I know I've seen threads where they talked about the flap on the OEM Torch leather case separating. Now I'm noticing parts of the main body of the case separating too! (where it's not stitched) I think this is ridiculous... is this covered under a warranty for the case? I don't think I should have to pay for a new one after I only had this case for a few months... and I don't even treat it rough.
    I bought a Blackberry case from Best Buy and the red stitching started to come undone and the case basically fell apart. I went to Best Buy and they told me to contact Blackberry. Because it was something they dont replace. Spoke with Blackberry and the cases are not under any warranty they out sourced where they make the cases. I ended up buying another case.
    02-08-11 03:33 PM
    Mine's been fine so far, for several months.
    02-08-11 03:42 PM
    I'm using my 8800 series holster (lamb skin) and it has been holding up fairly well over the years. Normal creases, but no cracking etc... I guess "they don't make em how they use to"
    02-08-11 06:04 PM
    Mine's been fine so far, for several months.
    +1
    rocked my Bold leather case for 18 months, it looks like i pulled it from the bottom of a biffa bin right now! This one's doing well so far and seems a little better stitched.
    02-08-11 07:34 PM
    Yup, my first one basically fell apart one day. The clip came off the case and even before then the leather seems were badly busting up. Luckily for me, I paid the $9 Insurance from The Source. Happy as I am now, I only took the insurance so the dude would stop heckling me.. thank god!
    02-08-11 07:38 PM
    Mine also is falling apart. I may try to get a shoe repair shop to stitch it around the flap and top edges. But for now I am using an OEM BB case for the Curve, I believe.
    02-08-11 08:04 PM
    How is it possible for there to be so many cases falling apart? There has to be something that RIM can do about this. Their old style cases were much stronger. I don't want to keep buying cases.

How do I even get in contact with RIM? I can't find a phone number. lol
    02-09-11 09:52 PM
    Mine is showing a little wear after almost six months. As long as it lasts long enough to get me through my next RIM device, it is no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 10:57 PM
    Only 8 months and really falling apart. Best Buy said that this was a known problem. BB has now started selling a better case that has stitching all around the closure tab as well as around the opening. Previously both of which were only glued together.
    Last edited by oldcameraman; 05-25-12 at 02:23 PM.
    05-25-12 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD