ok so bought the otterbox commuter case and the slide wobbles like crazy when I intalled the case. the top protective piece doesn't allow the slider to fully close and lifts it slightly so wobbles when typing...feels very sloppy. ]

anyone have that same problem with the case or is it just mine?
    12-27-10 09:47 PM
    Hi, Ive had mine for a couple of weeks now and find it pretty solid. Maybe yours is defective, but if I was betting I would bet you didnt quite get it aligned when you put it on. Kind of tricky to get all the rubber port covers and button covers lined up. But, no it should not be loose or wobbly.
    12-27-10 10:24 PM
    thanks pilsbury. i should also mention that it only wobbles when the slide is closed. I'll look at it again but I'm pretty sure it's on right. if i can't fix then i'll call otterbox...maybe they'll send me a replacement.
    12-27-10 10:29 PM
    thanks pilsbury. i should also mention that it only wobbles when the slide is closed. I'll look at it again but I'm pretty sure it's on right. if i can't fix then i'll call otterbox...maybe they'll send me a replacement.
    I hear ya. If I dont get mine on just right it locks the screen, LOL. A bit of a hassle but IMO a very good case. Good luck and keep us posted.
    12-27-10 11:06 PM
    ok so bought the otterbox commuter case and the slide wobbles like crazy when I intalled the case. the top protective piece doesn't allow the slider to fully close and lifts it slightly so wobbles when typing...feels very sloppy. ]

I had a problem where the case kept siezing up the Torch, so I got rid of it. Now use the siedo case, gives some protection and does not screw up the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 11:35 PM
    mine also have the same problem. i already try to take it off and put it back, but still the same. it feels like the slides can't get to it's position when i close it.
    12-27-10 11:36 PM

Bought one today and had the same problem. I thought it was my phone at first because the screen part was wobbling since I got my Torch 3 days ago but after I saw this thread i'm happy it wasn't the phone that was causing the problem. For me its not really big a deal because the screen part pushes down slightly almost unnoticeable. If it noticeable I'd suggest you should exchange that case and get a new one that's if you bought it from a store (ie Bestbuy like me). And if you ordered it, I think that its not worth the replacement trouble (sending it back and waiting for your new one) if its not a big problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 12-28-10 at 12:21 AM.
    12-28-10 12:15 AM
    Otterbox will send you a replacement without even asking for a return. Don't know if they would refund though (assuming your bought it through them). Contact Otterbox and leave feedback.
    12-28-10 12:19 AM
    Just put my Commuter on and I do notice a slight wobble,but I think its a good case, good protection, no big deal. The piece that goes around the slider is 10x better than the cheaper case i tried.
    01-13-11 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD