Turns out I was wrong. During the birthday madness on this site, I ordered this combo for my 8820.
    In a word: Beautiful
    The hybrid case showcases the front of the Black Beauty, the clear shell doesn't diminish the 'professional' look. The rear wraps the back neatly in a lightly-rubberized grip and protection. If you've used the 88xx series you know how desirable this is. If you haven't, think of the slick back of the Pearl and Curve, then add the slick siderails of the Pearl, make it very thin and flat, and try to hold the sucker while typing. It can be improved on, and the Seido delivers.
    The case fits perfectly, and doesn't break when removal is necessary; which is more than I can say for some other hard cases I own.

I'm still getting used to the Seido skin-on holster. I'm most familiar with pouch-type holsters, so the clip-in free-back design can be slightly disconcerting. Don't get me wrong; it's not bad, just different.
    With the case on, the 8820 snaps securely into the custom-fit holster. What more can I say? The unit is easily accessible via lifting the spring clip with your thumb, and its easy to see what you've missed with one hand. There is an incorporated sleeper magnet, so it's good for battery life.

Overall I'd rate the combo a 9.5/10. The case gets a 10, and maybe my confidence in the holster will grow a bit. I consider it a well-spent $50 (or so).

-Eric
    (BlackCrak)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-08 04:30 AM
    Do you have a link to the site where you got it? I'd like to check it out.

03-16-08 02:19 AM
    any promotions or discount codes for Seidio? I've been looking to get one too!
    thanks~
    03-16-08 02:31 AM
    I bought my Seidio skin-on holster at the CrackBerry store here, and love it. I use it with the RIM black silicone skin (that I picked up at a local Verizon store), and the fit is great.

The silicone skin provides the much needed grip that eakeller mentioned above; and this particular holster, being purpose-built for a covered BlackBerry, makes for secure hold and easy removal. I found that trying to use a silicone-skinned BlackBerry in a pouch-type case made for friction-induced pouch removal difficulties.

So far, I give the Seidio skin-on holster a 10 out of 10.

03-16-08 10:15 AM
    yup im rockin the seidio hybrid case and i freakin love it. it doesn't add any bulk to the phone either since it's so thin, and i LOVE the protection it gives. i can actually toss it onto my sofa and other surroundings without ******** out about a scratch or something lol.

i'm using it with the invisibleshield screen protector. great combo
    03-16-08 05:45 PM
    weird crackberry blocks out freakin?
    03-16-08 05:46 PM
    Site blocks out some others as well, such as b_u_t_t.

Seidio products are here at CB, but for an even more complete set of products and value combos, hit
    Seidioonline.com

Eric

PS. I don't work for them

03-21-08 01:19 AM
    I just purchased the hybrid this week, got it yesterday, and put it on......really like it, nice fit and finish, very grippy back which will be very good in the vehicle, etc. I should have ordered the holster combination but didn't. I was looking for some real work experience from you folks on just how well it works. My experience with holsters is that I usually see my phone on the floor........btw, I purchased right through this site. Ordered Tues, had Thurs! Great service!
    03-21-08 06:27 AM
    I'm becoming an avid Seidio fan. I'm still trying to fully decide how to spend the $100 winnings from the most recent CB contest (thanks Kevin!!). In my cart thus far I have $80-90 of Seidio products. I'm not sure if that will remain the case (no pun intended), but I'm almost certainly getting a burgundy rubberized case and I may slip in a hybrid for my 8320.
    I wish the site carried Seidio's charging pod, since the BB one doesn't work with the cased 'berry, and I really don't want to plug and unplug the USB cable if I don't have to.
    TRMN8R, I've now put this holster through its paces and would up my rating to a 10/10. I was wearing the combo while working on the lawn the other day. I backed into a set of juniper bushes and the end of a branch stabbed the back of my berry. It was relatively hard, but the case and holster just took it in stride. The case got a small scratch, but the berry was perfectly safe and the holster held onto the berry like a champ. As long as the berry is properly seated into the holster, it'll take more than a stab with a juniper branch to dislodge it.

Eric

03-30-08 10:09 PM
    Thx for the update on the holster. Just returned from Cabo for a business/pleasure trip. Thought I'd travel with the OEM supplied case and Seidio Hybrid on the phone. After a few tight insert/removals by the end of the trip, the BB8830 with Hybrid now goes in and out of the OEM holster just fine. Seems that the holster took to the fit by expanding just slightly. So now, I have the best of both worlds: protection for the BB and a place to put it that's secure.
    04-01-08 06:11 PM
    Thx for the update on the holster. Just returned from Cabo for a business/pleasure trip. Thought I'd travel with the OEM supplied case and Seidio Hybrid on the phone. After a few tight insert/removals by the end of the trip, the BB8830 with Hybrid now goes in and out of the OEM holster just fine. Seems that the holster took to the fit by expanding just slightly. So now, I have the best of both worlds: protection for the BB and a place to put it that's secure.
    So, would you recommend just buying the hybrid separately and then just using a regular holster, or do I need to buy the combo?
    04-15-08 05:25 PM
    its less bulky with the seidio holster, both work, the rubberized skin and the oem holster kinda are a pain to insert/remove. even after 2 weeks.
    04-15-08 05:38 PM
    I love my Seidio hybrid case... now I want the matching holster!
    08-30-08 11:30 PM
    can someone please post a link? when I google seido hybrid I come up with nothing.
    what exactly is the product you all are using?
    Thank You
    03-13-09 08:50 PM
    I purchased and use the combo. For my use, this package is ideal. I also bought the dock. You need to remove a plastic insert from the dock and then you can charge without removing the case. I also use QuickPull and the case never comes off...except for extreme use when the Otterbox goes on.

03-14-09 08:42 AM
    I purchased and use the combo.
    Can someone tell me what this "combo" is?

Thanks
    03-14-09 09:35 AM
    Can someone tell me what this "combo" is?

Thanks
    Seidio offers a "combo discount" if you purchase the case and holster together as a package or combo.

03-14-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD