Is there a setting that will automatically lock the handset when it is put in the holster? Or do I need to lock the handset each time before I put it in the holster?

I always do lock it before I put it in the holster, so I don't accidentally make calls, but I was wondering if there is an option available so I don't have to manually lock it each time.
    07-22-09 03:50 PM
    when you put the phone in a holster, it goes to sleep automatically. there are magnets in the holster that put the phone to sleep, turning off the screen and disabling any button presses, etc.
    07-22-09 03:56 PM
    Options->Password->Lock Handheld Upon Holstering.

Doug
    07-22-09 03:58 PM
    Options->Password->Lock Handheld Upon Holstering.

Doug
    +1....... Dawson
    07-22-09 04:04 PM
    I never knew you could set it to lock, but from wat i know, it always locks when you put it in the holster
    07-22-09 04:11 PM
    You both are talking about two separate locks.

Dawson's lock is for taking it out of the holster and you will be prompted to enter the password to unlock the blackberry. However, the phone does indeed go in a standby when you place it in the holster.

If lak611's wants to enter a password every time he takes his phone out of his holster, then Dawson's method will work.

If he just wants the keys to be unresponsive to touch, then simply putting in the holster takes care of that problem.
    07-22-09 04:17 PM
    You both are talking about two separate locks.

Dawson's lock is for taking it out of the holster and you will be prompted to enter the password to unlock the blackberry. However, the phone does indeed go in a standby when you place it in the holster.

If lak611's wants to enter a password every time he takes his phone out of his holster, then Dawson's method will work.

If he just wants the keys to be unresponsive to touch, then simply putting in the holster takes care of that problem.
    Using the "dawson method" will also allow you to select "disable" for passwords, thus making your phone lock upon holstering without requiring a password to unlock. That's how I have mine set up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 05:17 PM
    Thanks. I don't use passwords, but it is good to know it locks automatically upon holstering so it cannot dial by mistake.

07-22-09 05:27 PM
    it depends on the holster you're using as well. the OEM ones have magnets and only some non-OEM ones do as well.
    07-22-09 06:21 PM
    it depends on the holster you're using as well. the OEM ones have magnets and only some non-OEM ones do as well.
    Mine is the one that came with my BB. It has a magnetic clasp and is black leather with a belt clip that squeezes open.

07-22-09 06:43 PM
    Now I understand why the instructions said to only use OEM holsters. I was not aware of the magnets locking the handset. The instructions make sense now that you have mentioned how the magnets work.
    07-22-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD