Wow. I don't take offense, but I'm just trying to understand. 200+ channels is too few? And major networks and movies aren't worth watching?

If you're holding out for a full, free 1,000 english-channel cable network which is conveniently compatible with our BlackBerries, then yes- you are being too wishful Yesterberry was created because there were / are no existing options.
    Yes, 200+ channels is too few in my opinion. Especially when very few of them are channels in my area. But that's just my opinion. I'm not putting down yesterberry one bit, just saying that I'm looking for something with more channels that interest ME. Like maybe a cable/satelite provider providing an app which allows us to watch subscribed channels. That's totally within the realm of possibilities and I'm surprised it doesn't exist already.

By the way: for anyone else that was interested in slingbox... I was actually going to buy one but they told me the Storm series currently is not supported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 02:26 AM
    This would be great if we could get a live tv app

12-05-10 03:57 AM
    Yes, 200+ channels is too few in my opinion. Especially when very few of them are channels in my area. But that's just my opinion. I'm not putting down yesterberry one bit, just saying that I'm looking for something with more channels that interest ME. Like maybe a cable/satelite provider providing an app which allows us to watch subscribed channels. That's totally within the realm of possibilities and I'm surprised it doesn't exist already.

By the way: for anyone else that was interested in slingbox... I was actually going to buy one but they told me the Storm series currently is not supported.

Unfortunately, then, what you're looking for simply doesn't exist. And don't expect to see it anytime soon. The market just isn't big enough, especially to carry a lot of local channels / per-area programming. You can count the number of mobile tv content providers on one hand; Yesterberry easily has more channels than any of them, and is free. Recently another company tried offering a handful of PST time zone channels, and the networks slapped it with a lawsuit and restraining order within days. Unless you set something up yourself with a Slingbox-like device, don't hold your breath on finding any better.
    12-06-10 03:14 PM
    Unfortunately, then, what you're looking for simply doesn't exist. And don't expect to see it anytime soon. The market just isn't big enough... Recently another company tried offering a handful of PST time zone channels, and the networks slapped it with a lawsuit and restraining order within days.
    That's too bad. I think if you pool together all capable phones on all networks, the market would be plenty big enough. Do you think current network speed limitations play a role in that?

12-06-10 04:17 PM
    I'm on Bell with a data plan and it came with a live TV and radio app, quite fun to watch comedy on planes and such.
    12-20-10 03:48 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD