2 Questions: First: (Using Blackberry Curve 8530)

I have ringtones, obviously. However, upon assigning specific contact alerts, it will let me assign to phone and message, of course, and when someone calls, the correct custom ringtone plays. However, message wise, SMS or MMS, the basic ringtone for the phone will play.

Does anyone know how to fix this by chance? (if I wasn't clear enough, under "message" in both contacts and in the specific contact alert menu, I have the custom ringtone set, but nadda)

And second question: My phone plan has unlimited internet access and data, yet whenever my home WiFi goes down, I cannot use the internet. (I'm assuming it's connecting to WiFi while I'm in range), but at the same time, after about an hour of not having WiFi, it auto connects to Sprint's internet. Is there a way to speed this up? And then after WiFi comes back up, my phone cannot browse internet again for 30 minutes, I do not know why. >_<

Any help appreciated.
    02-17-11 04:58 PM
    1. Make sure the phone numbers do not have any punctuation in them.

2. No idea. Call Sprint. If you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan, it should connect immediately.
    02-17-11 05:03 PM
    Ugh, now I have to go through all my contacts and remove the -'s. >_< Tested it with my mom's phone and the change worked. >_< *sigh*

Thanks.
    02-17-11 05:11 PM
    Ayep.

02-17-11 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD