Hello everybody,

I am a new Blackberry Storm - my first Blackberry ever - and I am having a **** of a time with the Telus Wallpaper...

You see, the problem is that I can see that underneath it is the official BB wallpaper (lightning picture) and in between functions or when I am switching layouts, that lightning image "tries" to come on top.

This is I presume not good for memory resource of the unit and also when this happens, the unit freezes for a few seconds.

Can anybody help and tell me how I can delete the bloody Telus wallpaper?? I can't find it in the Pictures folder or anywhere else on my unit...

Thank you very much!
    12-17-08 01:07 PM
    Try deleting the Telus Wallpaper.
    12-17-08 01:13 PM
    Search is your friend. This has been discussed extensively. VZW, Bell & Telus all have the same issue with the original wallpaper. The carrier wallpaper is embedded and cannot be removed to show the 'Storm' wallpaper underneath.

The original image is available here on the forums. If you do a search you'll probably find it.
    12-17-08 01:17 PM
    That's odd, it might be a software issue. You can try changing the wallpaper by hitting the BB button on your main screen and choosing "options"
    12-17-08 01:17 PM
    That's odd, it might be a software issue. You can try changing the wallpaper by hitting the BB button on your main screen and choosing "options"
    IIRC, it's the theme. You cannot remove the carrier wallpaper.
    12-17-08 01:20 PM
    Search is your friend. This has been discussed extensively. VZW, Bell & Telus all have the same issue with the original wallpaper. The carrier wallpaper is embedded and cannot be removed to show the 'Storm' wallpaper underneath.

The original image is available here on the forums. If you do a search you'll probably find it.
    That's just it mate, I mean I found the thread with the original wallpaper. But the odd thing is that I can't delete the Telus image for the life of me and I am afraid that it's going to be layered there somewhere under any other wallpaper I assign... So in effect, I'm going to have three one on top of the other:
    1) original storm image
    2) Telus Image
    3) Whatever I assign newly.

I fear that this is going to take it's toll on my system performance. Or am I wrong in my assumption above?

I couldn't find any thread about the removal and that's why I posted my question but from your post, I am presuming that the Telus image is there to stay...?

Thanks!
    12-17-08 01:24 PM
    IIRC, it's the theme. You cannot remove the carrier wallpaper.
    Not fair

Especially when I've paid full price for the phone...

Oh well, at least it's a picture of a leaf and I love salads
    12-17-08 01:26 PM
    That's just it mate, I mean I found the thread with the original wallpaper. But the odd thing is that I can't delete the Telus image for the life of me and I am afraid that it's going to be layered there somewhere under any other wallpaper I assign... So in effect, I'm going to have three one on top of the other:
    1) original storm image
    2) Telus Image
    3) Whatever I assign newly.

I fear that this is going to take it's toll on my system performance. Or am I wrong in my assumption above?

I couldn't find any thread about the removal and that's why I posted my question but from your post, I am presuming that the Telus image is there to stay...?

Thanks!
    As far as I know, changing the wallpaper will do just what it says on the tin. You won't see the Telus wallpaper anymore, but you could potentially see the 'Storm' paper underneath. There is always a default wallpaper available to any BB device.

For example, on my 8800, if I rebooted the device while plugged into a PC, I wouldn't get my selected wallpaper, I would get the default one that goes with the installed theme.

So, there will always be another wallpaper hanging around. I wouldn't worry about it. Won't affect things one way or the other.
    12-17-08 01:30 PM
    I'll take your word for it

Thanks for the help!
    12-17-08 01:33 PM
    Anytime....
    12-17-08 01:37 PM
    Hey, if this is your only problem, your in better shape than a lot of us friend!
    12-17-08 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD