Does anybody know when this case will be released? I've been checking every day and they seem to be moving back the date further and further.

nevermind, it's finally now in stock
    Last edited by laosknight; 06-26-08 at 10:23 AM.
    06-26-08 12:06 AM
    Does anybody know when this case will be released? I've been checking every day and they seem to be moving back the date further and further.

nevermind, it's finally now in stock
    I was following it closely too.

I've been waiting for something like this. I hate carrying wallets and keys and mobile phone cases. The ability to consolidate my wallet and my mobile phone case is compelling. There is NO place I don't go without my BlackBerry so I'm excited about the ability to get rid of my wallet.

Now I'll just grab my Swiss case and my keys and be ready to travel.

My case arrives next week.

By the way, this is the first thing I've ordered from the shopping site here on CrackBerry and I must say I was *VERY* impressed with the professionalism of it all. The order was processed flawlessly yesterday and then this morning I received an email confirming the shipping of my order with a UPS tracking number.

I'd give this whole purchase process an A+ for smoothness and professionalism. Kevin really has put together a terrific site with CrackBerry.
    06-27-08 08:42 PM
    I was following it closely too.

I've been waiting for something like this. I hate carrying wallets and keys and mobile phone cases. The ability to consolidate my wallet and my mobile phone case is compelling. There is NO place I don't go without my BlackBerry so I'm excited about the ability to get rid of my wallet.

Now I'll just grab my Swiss case and my keys and be ready to travel.

My case arrives next week.

By the way, this is the first thing I've ordered from the shopping site here on CrackBerry and I must say I was *VERY* impressed with the professionalism of it all. The order was processed flawlessly yesterday and then this morning I received an email confirming the shipping of my order with a UPS tracking number.

I'd give this whole purchase process an A+ for smoothness and professionalism. Kevin really has put together a terrific site with CrackBerry.
    Once you receive can you post some pictures and a review. I am also interested in grabbing one of these cases
    07-01-08 07:27 AM
    Hey guys and gals,

I just got my case yesterday and so I figured I would give a quick review. Pics to follow....

Swiss Mobility Legion Smartphone Case for Curve 83xx series

Pros: Plenty of room for extras, Great Design, Looks awesome.
    Cons: No Sleeper magnet, Can be bulky, Needs to come with sturdier clip

Well, this is the first case I have purchased for my new 8330 curve. I liked the look right away. It looks professional yet functional. I needed a case to keep my phone safe at work and the added organizer features are great. I now can keep my debit card, separate work ID, electronic key card, and up to 2 other cards inside. It is nice to not have to dig out my wallet since I sometimes do not carry it at work. The magnetic clasps are very secure and easy to fasten. The Curve slips easily in/out of the case yet it is held snugly. The interior is nylon lined and the overall finish of the case is excellent. No loose threads, rough edges, or puckered seams.

My only gripes are this:
    1. It CAN be a bit bulky.
    2. The clip it comes with seems VERY flimsy for the size case it is supporting. (Come on, its multidapt. Give us a metal clip!)
    3. It has no sleeper magnet

While nothing can be done about #1, Gripes #2 and #3 are easy to fix.

2. Order a metal, swivel, or whatever you like type of clip to replace the stock one. They are cheap enough.

3. I pulled a McGyver here. I took my case that came with the Curve. (You know, the leather slip case?) I used an exacto knife to cut the seam on the front and removed the small sleeper magnet. I then took a small, thin piece of adhesive felt backing and cut it to about a 1 inch square. I used felt to keep from scratching my phone. I then put the magnet in the center of it and simply applied it (magnet side in, felt side out) to the inside of the case in the appropriate location to put my phone to sleep when holstered. Viola!! Now this case is even closer to being perfect!

Over all this is a wonderful case. It looks fashionable but it is functional enough for someone like me (who could care less about fashion) to fall in love with it.

I got the pics uploaded and in logical order. The final is a picture of the felt covered magnet I put inside the case in order to make it a "Sleeper" case.
    Last edited by adambigge; 07-03-08 at 08:57 AM.
    07-02-08 09:11 AM
    That was my main concern about the sleeper function. I didn't know if they designed it for a blackberry or it was a generic smart phone one. That is my deal killer
    07-02-08 12:16 PM
    I pulled a McGyver here. I took my case that came with the Curve. I used an exacto knife to cut the seam on the front and removed the small, yet powerful sleeper magnet. I then took a small, thin piece of adhesive felt backing and cut it to about a 1 inch square. I used felt to keep from scratching my phone. I then put the magnet in the center of it and simply applied it (magnet side in, felt side out) to the inside of the case in the appropriate location to put my phone to sleep when holstered. Viola!! Now this case is even closer to being perfect!
    Adam, kudos for your excellent review. The time you put into preparing this for us is greatly appreciated. The case is shipped from Florida and I'm in California so I still have a few days before I get mine.

I have one HUGE concern about your very creative "McGyver" idea. California driver's licenses use an encoded strip on the back of the license for your information so police officers can swipe your license to populate your information on their car computers. Additionally, credit cards and ATM cards have the same type of strips so that you can swipe your cards in ATMs or credit card machines. It is my understanding that these strips can become corrupted or even erased if they are put in close contact with magnets.

The big appeal to me about the Swiss Mobility case is the ability to get rid of a wallet. I love the idea of carrying one less thing. I do plan on putting my driver's license and credit cards in my Swiss Mobility case when I get it. I'd be extremely concerned about having any magnets anywhere near these vital cards and you may want to further research this before you keep that magnet near your own driver's license and credit cards.

Just wanted to express this concern to you.

Thanks again for your excellent post.
    07-03-08 04:34 AM
    That was my main concern about the sleeper function. I didn't know if they designed it for a blackberry or it was a generic smart phone one. That is my deal killer
    I do not believe this is a BlackBerry specific case. I've seen it advertised on other sites claiming that it is applicable to any smart phone.
    07-03-08 04:37 AM
    I saw it this morning oin the Crackberry home page.
    07-03-08 04:48 AM
    ... Additionally, credit cards and ATM cards have the same type of strips so that you can swipe your cards in ATMs or credit card machines. It is my understanding that these strips can become corrupted or even erased if they are put in close contact with magnets.

... I'd be extremely concerned about having any magnets anywhere near these vital cards and you may want to further research this before you keep that magnet near your own driver's license and credit cards.

Just wanted to express this concern to you.

Thanks again for your excellent post.
    You bring up a valid concern.

This is true. However there are already 3 small magnets being used in the clasps of this case. One on the front and two on the back. I put them against the front of my berry and they are all 3 strong enough to put my phone into "Sleep" mode when placed against the appropriate spot. So they are at LEAST as strong as the sleeper magnet. The magnetic field required to disrupt a credit card (according to the Mythbusters, I LOVE THOSE GUYS) needs to be fairly stout. Both in strength and size. I don't think the small and fairly weak clasp and "Sleeper" magnets (less than 1500 gauss) are enough to cause any problems. Another thing to consider is how far the magnetic field extends away from the magnet. I tested them by using them to put my phone to sleep. The effective range for all of the magnets on this case is less than 1/8 inch. Basically it has to be right on top of the phone or opposite clasp to produce an effect. The case thickness alone is enough to protect your credit or ID cards. I have had my debit card in the case for several days to no ill effect. It still works fine. However I should point out that I put the magnet on the inside of the front wall of the pouch. This ensures that it is as far away as possible from all my ID/debit/Key cards. But thanks for the heads up since I am sure that many people would be worried about nuking their plastic. That would be an incredible headache.
    Last edited by adambigge; 07-03-08 at 09:55 AM.
    07-03-08 08:51 AM
    Thanks for the information.

Can you remove the clip completly and carry the case in a pocket? I'm on the large side and wear cargo pants every day. I'd like to carry it in my pocket because I really hate things on my belt.

Thanks.
    07-05-08 08:36 PM
    The clip is designed to come off, so, yes you could do that. However, this is a rather "thick" case. (2-2.5 inches thick) It may feel a bit awkward in your pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 06:17 AM
    this is a rather "thick" case. (2-2.5 inches thick)
    I get mine tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I really wasn't expecting 2.5 inches in thickness. Don't know why. Guess I didn't look at the measurements that closely.

I use an InvisibleShield protector on my Curve so it really doesn't fit in any of the BB cases I've seen as it is just too snug in those cases. I've been using a generic smart phone leather case that is actually too roomy for my Curve. Just measured that and it came in at 1 inch in width and IT looks huge on my belt.

I hope the Swiss case doesn't wind up looking "clownish."

More on this when I report back tomorrow.
    07-06-08 10:02 PM
    I get mine tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I really wasn't expecting 2.5 inches in thickness. Don't know why. Guess I didn't look at the measurements that closely.

I use an InvisibleShield protector on my Curve so it really doesn't fit in any of the BB cases I've seen as it is just too snug in those cases. I've been using a generic smart phone leather case that is actually too roomy for my Curve. Just measured that and it came in at 1 inch in width and IT looks huge on my belt.

I hope the Swiss case doesn't wind up looking "clownish."

More on this when I report back tomorrow.
    Yeah, I should amend by saying 2.5 inches is probably as big as it could possibly get. When I measure mine from front flap to back of the case (not including clip) I am right at 2 inches. If I squeeze it I get around 1 3/4 inches. If I pack all my credit/ID cards in it it plumps up a little more.
    I am sure though that with fewer items in the organizer it would be thinner.
    07-06-08 10:17 PM
    Yeah, I should amend by saying 2.5 inches is probably as big as it could possibly get. When I measure mine from front flap to back of the case (not including clip) I am right at 2 inches. If I squeeze it I get around 1 3/4 inches. If I pack all my credit/ID cards in it it plumps up a little more.
    I am sure though that with fewer items in the organizer it would be thinner.
    I've always used a small wallet. I prefer to travel light. What I'll put into my Swiss case is a driver's license, two credit cards, 3-4 business cards (just in case I get caught needing one or two) and some cash. Don't need to use the extra media card slots and don't use the security cards you have. Sounds like I'll get away with a "slimmer" experience.

I really like the idea of one case and a set of keys being all that I need to worry about. UPS tracking says tomorrow is the day. UPS usually arrives towards the end of the day so I don't expect to see my case until tomorrow night but I'm looking forward to it.
    07-07-08 02:02 AM
    My only gripes are this: It CAN be a bit bulky.
    Well I received my case yesterday afternoon. Here are my observations ...

"Bulky" is really an understatement for the case. It really is quite HUGE hanging off your belt. Large enough that your arm constantly hits it when you walk.

Now don't get me wrong, Swiss is an excellent company and they tried their best with this idea. The design of the case is actually nice. It's just that it is totally HUGE on your belt.

I emptied all the stuff out of my wallet and put what I wanted in the Swiss case ... a driver's license, a couple of credit cards, a couple of business cards, and some cash. Pretty small stuff. Then I went to dinner with the case on my belt. Just a restaurant down the street from my house. Got home and had to switch back. Emptied out the Swiss case and went back to my wallet and old BB case.

Sad about all this. But it does look sort of clownish on your belt. I'm an average-sized guy. 5'11", 170. And it's just huge on your belt. Perhaps the case would be ok on a larger-sized man.

I'm going to keep the case. Might use it if I'm hiking or doing something where I can't carry a lot of things on a particular day. But I (very unfortunately) cannot give this product a recommendation for daily use on an average-sized person (unless you also use a pocket protector and have masking tape wrapped around your glasses -- because if that's true, you are already so much a geek that nothing else would matter).

Again, not that they didn't do their best or that there is anything wrong with their manufacturing process. There isn't. It just that the Curve is already a large phone and the Swiss Mobility case takes a large problem and magnifies it.

If you are a hiker or a biker or need something to use now and then to carry your essentials, this case is workable for those occasions. But you will not win any fashion awards for wearing the case on a day-to-day basis. And you can totally forget about the idea of ever using it with a business suit.

Good idea. Just not really workable for regular use.
    07-08-08 08:56 PM
    Yeah. It works for me when I am at work since I have pockets all over my gear. But at home I don't wear it. I like the function of it though. After I get a new clip that keeps it from wiggling so much I will like it better. I may end up getting an otterbox for a daily use case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 09:03 PM
    After I get a new clip that keeps it from wiggling so much I will like it better. I may end up getting an otterbox for a daily use case.
    Adam, I didn't mind the clip that much actually. Maybe they gave me a different clip than yours. The clip on mine was very low profile so it didn't add additional space between the case and your belt. It also was responsive and seemed to work well. I'd give the clip a good grade.

On your idea on the Otterbox, you may want to look into a nice case that Body Glove does for the Curve. IMHO, Body Glove is an outstanding company and anything they do is usually excellent. They have a black rubberized case with a clip on the back that is very nice if you wish to carry your Curve around in that fashion on your belt. I bought one at the att store and use it occasionally if I'm in a work area where I'm going to constantly be on the phone all day (usually I carry my Curve in an enclosed leather belt case)

Just an idea for your consideration. You might want to look into the Body Glove option before moving on the Otterbox.
    07-09-08 02:01 PM
    I actually don't mind the bulk that the otterbox adds because of the protection it provides. I had one for my pearl and it really is a wonderfully sturdy protective case. I could chuck it across the room into a brick wall and it wouldn't even make my phone stutter. However, I will look into the body glove cases. If they can hold up to my jobs demands I may just go with them.
    07-09-08 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD