After the one month trial, BB Music is going to cost $4.99 per month. Is it worth it to you? IMHO, it's not. You only get to choose 50 songs (I guess you get to swap 25 per month). Personally, I know my friends won't pay $4.99, so I won't have a whole lot of people to connect to, so it will lose it's social integration appeal and I won't have as many songs that way. I just can't see this app being good enough to justify the cost. If it were may $.99 or 1.99 and you could choose unlimited songs, maybe I would do it. Or, perhaps if there was a lite version that limited you to 50 songs, I would. Just my thoughts. What are your thoughts on the price? Yea or nay?
    08-26-11 06:22 AM
    I think it is unique idea but I don't really think I should ask my friends to pony up $5 so I can get 50 more songs. Now if they had an unlimited package for $10 I would be more interested.
    08-26-11 07:54 AM
    I just don't see the point of paying for something like this. I can get Google Music, Pandora, etc for free or very cheap. I barely have any friends that use BBM anyway.
    dehrlich01 likes this.
    08-26-11 08:13 AM
    Yeah, I'm not seeing this go anywhere at all, much less make money for RIM.

Make it 1,000 songs, and unlimited access to your BBM friends' songs, for $1.99 a month (or better yet free), and you'd have plenty of kids jumping on board and buying BBs just to share their music. Then they'd realize that BBs aren't just for corporate execs, get hooked on BBM and realize how much better and easier that is than texting, see how good the screen is on the 9850/60, and RIM wouldn't ever have to worry about Apple or Google again.

This was a good idea 10 years ago. Today, it needs to be free and have at least 1K or unlimited songs to attract anyone.
    08-26-11 08:22 AM
    This has great potential, I keep meaning to write a full out post to say where I think this COULD GO to be successful, but as it stands now I'll pay $5 per month, as will 2 or 3 of my friends I am sure, but I have a radio, and I have a large MP3 collection over the years, this would be a nice service, but it needs more to make it a run away success, I'm hoping the people involved in the Beta will give the feedback to RIM.
    08-26-11 08:25 AM
    Considering there are alternatives with options to store 20,000 songs and stream them free or be made available offline, for free, this seems like a pretty big flop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 09:50 AM
    I think the concept is great and the app is impressive. Just not $4.99 per month great/impressive. If it were unlimited, maybe. I just think it either needs to be unlimited or else there needs to be a lite/free version that limits the songs to 50.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    08-26-11 09:52 AM
    I'm going to try it out, it seems nice so far but not really seeing a reason to keep it after the free trial. I mean I dont have time to enjoy 50 songs a month so the 5 bucks is out the window anyway.
    08-26-11 10:33 AM
    It's a social music app and I think the purpose is to create BBM groups (of friends) like we already do now to expand our libraries.

So people starting groups like "Old school R&B fans, add me" or "Heavy Metal lovers, add me" is what RIM is banking on.

I'm excited about this mainly because it's a different approach rather than "let me copy this idea and hope it succeeds".
    08-26-11 10:48 AM
    Paying for music...lol
    08-26-11 10:52 AM
    Not sure how RIM expects to compete with services like Spotify, Pandora, rdio, LastFM, etc... I mean, 50 songs? And then i need to have other folks also sign up for the service. :/
    08-26-11 11:45 AM
    It's a social music app and I think the purpose is to create BBM groups (of friends) like we already do now to expand our libraries.

So people starting groups like "Old school R&B fans, add me" or "Heavy Metal lovers, add me" is what RIM is banking on.

I'm excited about this mainly because it's a different approach rather than "let me copy this idea and hope it succeeds".
    Now that might work if groups with 30 members were created, since 1500 songs could be shared between the group.
    Duvi likes this.
    08-26-11 11:52 AM
    you guys are too stuck on "50 songs". Just start a thread here requesting a group with your music tastes and you can instantly max the program out. Sure it would be nicer to have all real friends, but atleast you get your monies worth this way.
    aminrajabi, black hole and morrsn like this.
    08-26-11 11:57 AM
    Now that might work if groups with 30 members were created, since 1500 songs could be shared between the group.
    I agree. That would be interesting.
    Duvi likes this.
    08-26-11 12:01 PM
    they should've included it in the price we pay for BIS, after 1 month i'm delete the app, although from what i seen its an excellent app.
    08-26-11 08:35 PM
    I love the concept and think it has a huge potential considering if you just had 5-10 friends, that's ALOT of music to share just on your mobile device...

But after using Spotify, which is free (or $5 a month for unlimited access to any song anytime and having access on your desktop or mobile device), I can see the challenge BBMusic will have.
    08-26-11 10:15 PM
    Indeed. It's as if they've taken the Spotify Model and said "I know!! We'll rent the songs out for 10 cents apiece while limiting individual users to 50 songs!"
    08-27-11 09:10 AM
    I can see this service taking off for people that listens to the radio and only download certain songs, but as a music lover i think ill pass on this service. I can't justify paying 5 bucks month especially when there's other programs out there that are free.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 10:50 AM
    This has great potential, I keep meaning to write a full out post to say where I think this COULD GO to be successful
    Please do it soon as I am interested in your P.O.V.

My friends and I currently share 100's of songs per month for free through BBM and BlueTooth. Because of that I'm not seeing how/why this would be a great type of service. ^_^;
    08-27-11 05:40 PM
    As much as of a music lover that I am, I can't see the value for me. I don't want to have to rely on BBM contacts to expand my library. I'm sort of ok with the 50 song limit, but most definitely not ok with the 25 song replacement limit. This whole thing just strikes me a multi level marketing model. You only get the advantages by adding people to your network. For $5/month? No thanks.
    08-27-11 05:56 PM
    I think RIM has a winner here. After less than 12 hours with it I have over 600 songs in my list. The it streams very well. My BT headphones can work all the controls just like you would want it to. No adds. Skipping songs is fast and easy. If you don't like a song you can ignore it. I have only added 8 songs to my personal list because nearly everytime I look for a song to add one of my firends has already added it. So that whole 50 song thing isn't going to be a concern at all.

Its crazy I went into the beta thinking no way would I pay 5 bucks a month for music. But after my first half day with it I will be subscribing.
    yenyob likes this.
    08-27-11 07:19 PM
    As much as of a music lover that I am, I can't see the value for me. I don't want to have to rely on BBM contacts to expand my library. I'm sort of ok with the 50 song limit, but most definitely not ok with the 25 song replacement limit. This whole thing just strikes me a multi level marketing model. You only get the advantages by adding people to your network. For $5/month? No thanks.
    You need to try the beta. I can tell by your post you haven't. Its not your BBM contacts you add. Its BBM music contacts. They all add anyone they can because the more people you add the more songs you have access to. A friend of mine got the beta a day before I did and he already has over 2700 songs on his list. I personally am not at all worried about any limits about swaping. Because your song list changes rapidly. If you want a new song add a bunch of new friends and your likely to get the song your wanting anyway. All I am saying is don't be so sure you wont like it until you have tried it.
    JR A, yenyob, Duvi and 1 others like this.
    08-27-11 07:31 PM
    You need to try the beta. I can tell by your post you haven't. Its not your BBM contacts you add. Its BBM music contacts. They all add anyone they can because the more people you add the more songs you have access to. A friend of mine got the beta a day before I did and he already has over 2700 songs on his list. I personally am not at all worried about any limits about swaping. Because your song list changes rapidly. If you want a new song add a bunch of new friends and your likely to get the song your wanting anyway. All I am saying is don't be so sure you wont like it until you have tried it.

This makes a WORLD of a difference, and anyone looking into trying out BBM should take this into consideration.
    08-27-11 08:23 PM
    For people who have friends and like making friends. BB Music is pure Gold. And it's obvious why. For you people who aren't as social, I understand why you might not like it, and that's fine. Stick with your itunes collection. But for you to think that most people are just as antisocial as you is just plain ********. Sorry.
    08-27-11 08:30 PM
    Just a quick update incase any one was curious, I am now up to 977 songs and I have used 10 of mine own picks. Its preeety cool. The limits is all people seem to talk about and honestly its a non issue.
    08-27-11 08:48 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD