I recently upgraded my OS to the new Alltel 4.5. Since then 50% of the videos I have downloaded from video4blackberry will display "error playing media" when I load them. The other 50% work fine. Checking properties, they all show 3gp file. Some work fine some do not work at all. Anyone have any ideas? thanks
    10-28-08 12:08 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my Verizon 8330 (OS 4.5.0.77). The same videos that worked with 4.3 now don't work at all. Like videos4blackberry, I've been using Ultra Mobile 3GP to convert video to 3gp using the same settings that are given at videos4blackberry.info | What I Use For Videos... | Var, Comment, Please, Code, Antispam.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by cpick; 11-16-08 at 07:13 PM.
    11-16-08 06:17 PM
    Well I’ve posted about this in another thread
    Apparently and this is just a guess but the new 4.5 does not allow a certain codec to play. When i convert a dvd from the original disc to an mp4 i get that error message. But when i convert a file that i have downloaded off the web from an avi to an mp4 using the same program i do not get the message. My fix is this. Take the avi file and convert it to mp4 using Xilisoft 3gp converter and it will work. Or take the dvd rip it to mp4 then rerip it using Xilisoft 3gp convert to the same format of mp4 and it works fine. I just rip the dark knight dvd and it works flawlessly.... any questions hit me up...
    Last edited by by1333; 11-17-08 at 03:27 PM.
    11-17-08 03:20 PM
    I down load videos from cnn,reuters,and the washington post all work well when saved,however just running them gives me a error message.these same videos use to work no matter how I loaded them.Any takers.
    11-17-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD