Ok Ok darn it I must be turning into a foggie. It sucks; to busy. But whatever cranks your tractor
    12-13-08 10:29 PM
    That does look great. This is coming from a fellow graphic designer.
    12-13-08 10:34 PM
    I say we all send him some high res images that we want along with some loot, so that he will get the motivation to START PRODUCING AND SELLING THESE!!!! Just keep the business to Pm's and paypal!!!!
    12-13-08 10:41 PM
    Do you only color Storms or do you color Curves?
    12-13-08 10:53 PM
    What kind of paper or "skin" do you print on? What kind of printer do you use?

BTW, looks great!
    I used 3M ControlTac w/ Overlaminate...it's what I use for vehicle wraps. Easier to peel back up if you mis-align. But any vinyl should work...I am working on my nephew's phone right now, and will probably just use a normal type digital media, nothing as expensive as the wrap material...that's a little over kill. I just threw it on with a job I was doing at that time or I would have used the other stuff to start with!

sam123gil,

As for the curve...you should really check out decalgirl.com they have some pretty bad designs already for like maybe $10? Check them out you can upload your own design if you don't see anything you like!

By the way, I am by no means involved with or affiliated with any of the websites that I mentioned, but when I saw this I said d*mn I could make me one! But they look to be pretty sharp with what they got going on!

Jay
    12-14-08 12:49 AM
    skinit.com

i work at a datacenter and theyre one of of customers
    I looked at skinit.com and the only downfall with theirs is you don't get the trim around the screen. I didn't do this to start with on mine but went back and added it because it didn't look right without it.

the background just didn't have the same effect with the black showing around the screen...they should definitely add that to their template!

Unique has the best skin template, but no wallpaper that I know of...
    Decalgirl includes a wallpaper, but not available for the storm yet!

Jay
    Last edited by jayj1980; 12-14-08 at 01:35 AM.
    12-14-08 01:22 AM
    personally I bought the storm because of its classy plainness (if you get what I mean?) but definitely is an eye catcher, and is made extremely well!
    12-14-08 01:30 AM
    yeah...I loved the storm as is, but having the resources made it tempting to jazz it up!

this is my new wallpaper type thing in a sense! You know how everyone changes all the time, I'll probably design me a new one every few months probably! lol

Jay
    12-14-08 01:34 AM
    Jay- thanks for the names of those sites- I ended up buying 2 at decalgirl for my daughter's pearl. The pricing there is awesome 6.99 each. They are gonna make great stocking stuffers.
    Now get to work and start making and selling them for the storm. lol I want to order some. Great job! I like the bling factor without the bulk.
    12-14-08 01:43 AM
    wow so many ideas i have...which to choose!??
    12-17-08 10:33 PM
    Without knowing the cost for materials and the actual printing, what do you folks think is a reasonable price that you are willing to pay, bearing in mind that it takes time to design the skin and wallpaper, then print it.

I am working with the OP (I am going to begin designing them shortly), and we are trying to figure out what a good price would be for all.

Other prices on the net seem to range from $6.99-$19.95!
    12-18-08 02:09 PM
    new skin added...first post has new pics...their not the best, but the best I could do!

Jay
    12-23-08 08:00 PM
    Dude! That is awesome! I want, I want... a Bob Marley one.

What are your plans on sharing/selling/etc...?

Awesome stuff!
    12-23-08 08:05 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD