Which one do you use and why?

Have you dropped it in your case and did it survive?

Any other thoughts on these? I need to get one today.

Option #1

Option #2

Option #3

Option #4
    01-19-09 03:06 PM
    i have option 3
    i got it free with my storm but only because im from the uk
    01-19-09 03:08 PM
    i have option 3
    i got it free with my storm but only because im from the uk
    it work ok?
    01-19-09 03:09 PM
    Option 2 seems similar to the inexpensive holster they sell at Best Buy which I have and LOVE - never has it fallen out and not a scratch on the top - it is very good so I imagine #2 would work well. I love being able to one-hand grab it for the time or a call.
    01-19-09 03:24 PM
    I have option #3. I prefer to have my storm in my pocket and the pouch allows me to protect it without the bulk. I thought about using a skin or hard case but the screen would be exposed and doing a battery pull with a hard case is an extra step I rather not do.
    01-19-09 03:32 PM
    I use option 3 as well. Debating a side holster in case i dont want it in my pocket, but i like option 3. its a little tight, but its nice because its not too bulky in the pocket.
    01-19-09 03:38 PM
    I've got option 3, got it on ebay for 10 bucks with a free (not the greatest) car charger lol. Anyway it works great, I keep mine in my shirt pocket, or front pants pocket when it's not in a cradle of some sort and it keeps it from getting scratched up, keeps me from pressing the screen etc and running down the battery in my pocket, small enough so that I can carry both phones (I have a razr work phone i've got to keep with me) so it works out pretty well. I was never a big fan of the clamshell's like option 2, and I'm not much on the flaps that get in the way like on 1 and 4. best bet over all.

PS. I have a partial BSE on it to, the top and bottom and the screen portions on there, but the back, and sides are not. still works great, and worked great when I had all pieces of the BSE as well...
    01-19-09 03:41 PM
    yeah, i really hate bulky. I'm leaning toward #2, but i know my 8703e took a beating in #2 on the back side. hits the seat belt non-stop.

i'd love to get the #3 if it was slim in my pocket
    01-19-09 03:42 PM
    Yeah, I've got #3 as well. I love it. It's slim, slides in my pocket well, and it keeps my Storm relatively protected. Haven't dropped it, though.
    01-19-09 03:46 PM
    I have option #1. It's absolutely amazing IMO...
    01-19-09 03:51 PM
    Option #1 here. I like it, not looking for another yet.
    01-19-09 04:37 PM
    I use a Nite Ize Rugged Clip Case. It won't accidentally come off your belt and it's very strong. I notice they're now made in leather as well. Only thing I didn't like was the velcro latch but it was very easy to convert to magnetic.

Nite Ize: Product Detail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 05:11 PM
    Option 2 (seidio holster) and a BSE skin.

I LOVE the seidio holster!
    01-19-09 05:31 PM
    I don't see either of mine. I don't mind bulky, so I use the hard case to protect against falls, etc, and then keep it in a verizon horizontal holster.
    01-19-09 05:39 PM
    I'll post this here because no one responded on teh accessories forum....this is especially for those who have #3....

Does anyone have either this case:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Tf1NajFT

or this one:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=YlbK40DB

I am just wondering if those pictures are with the Storm fully inserted, or if it will actually slide all the way in to the case.

I want a case like this one, and the pics on the right show how I'd like the Storm to fit in it:

Leather case for BlackBerry Storm

The Fortte case is out of stock and a little more expensive, but if those other ones don't fit the Storm like the Fortte one, I'll just get that.

Thanks in advance.
    01-19-09 05:42 PM
    I got option 2 with my storm. I like it so far, but have only had it for a day. Not too bad in my pocket. No worse than my old phone.
    01-19-09 05:47 PM
    I'm using option 1 now, just bought it tonight but it seems to work pretty nice. Only complaints are it muffles the ringer so if there's any noise in the area you'll have to rely on feeling the vibrate, also it blocks the status LED if you're looking at it head on. Aside from that I love it so far. I had the VZW clear plastic hard-shell, it sucked IMO and I returned it for the holster pouch.

I thought about just going with Option 3 (pouch) but I never put anything else with my phone if it's in a pocket so it seemed like just an extra step to get to it. In my line of work option 2 would get it banged up all day long.
    01-19-09 06:05 PM
    I went for Option 1. It actually works well: The clip does swivel so I do not have a problem with it in a car. I find that I put my storm in "upside down" - the buttons at the top - to prevent wear on them (given the comments about them falling off) and it allows me to ready it for use quickly.
    01-19-09 07:14 PM
    I have the 1st and 2nd option as well as a 2pc hard plastic snap case. I use option 1 mostly, better at work. But option 2 is nice and also thinner in the pocket. And the 2pc snap case is kinda bulky but nice around the house or goin out and bein able to sit it down with out much worry. And I personally havent dropd my storm in any of them either so cant help much there. But #1 is my fav....
    01-19-09 07:49 PM
    I just bought option 2 tonight. I prefer to have it on my hip during the day around the office. I always have the option of taking it out and throwing the holster in my truck. I quit using the silicon cover thing about 2 weeks in because it made it hard to get out of my pocket but have never used a sleeve or the leather case. I'm careful enough that it will be protected no matter how I decide to carry it. Plus the screen is "scratch proof" so I'm not worried about it.

I used quotes around scratch proof because some say it's not. I however have taken keys and a knife to my screen and never had anything show up on the screen.
    01-19-09 08:45 PM
    it work ok?
    I got that one too with my "German" Storm (hmmm, "German Storm" sounds somewhat 3rd Reich-y :-( and didn't like it. It was too tight and it would constantly push buttons when I took it out of the pouch. Right now I'm using a silicone case cover but also ordered a holster case.

BTW: what's "BSE" (apart from mad cow disease?)

peter
    01-20-09 01:05 AM
    I have options 1 and 3, plus a silicone case. I use the sleeve the most though, with the Storm tucked in the breast pocket of a suit jacket or overcoat.
    01-20-09 04:33 AM
    I have option 1. I don't like the belt clip, so I snapped it off, and just carry it in my pocket. I protects my phone very well, and the magnet keeps the phone shut off when it is in my holster. I'd recommend it.
    01-20-09 06:46 AM
    I went for Option 1. It actually works well: The clip does swivel so I do not have a problem with it in a car. I find that I put my storm in "upside down" - the buttons at the top - to prevent wear on them (given the comments about them falling off) and it allows me to ready it for use quickly.
    Putting the BB in the holster with the screen facing one's waist also keeps the buttons from being torn off. The seam just inside the holster where the leather is sewn is what tore off my power/end call button.

I have option #1 as well and I'm happy with it.
    01-20-09 07:50 AM
    I have option 1 and love it. The "Holster" mode works flawlessly and it protects the case much better than the others do.
    01-20-09 08:03 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD