OK...So I bought 3 of the new desktop chargers for my storm. I figured I would put one at work, one at home and one in my car. Well everything is working great except my car chargers connector broke while I was puting it in. Went to Verizon to get a new one and they told me that the desktop charger was not supposed to be used with anything but the USB for the computer. After a little arguing...they opened up the package and in the directions there show a USB and Travel charger in the pictures...

So my question to all of you is, If you can use the desktop charger with a USB connection and a travel charger, Shouldn't we be able to use it with the car charger as well?

So i was not sure if I should put this tread under storm or under accessories...

Mike
    05-27-09 07:15 PM
    desktop charger was not supposed to be used with anything but the USB for the computer

Interesting... They all use the same connector and there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to use it with your car charger. Another VZW rep pulling their "sorry I'm a VZW rep so I don't know what I'm talking about"?

Don't quote me on this but I was told to stay away from car chargers if possible (I do use it during emergencies) because the voltage fluctuates and isn't stable especially when turning on/off the A/C and turning on/off the engine, and etc. and thus could damage the battery.

Anyways, whether the above is true or not, I've personally tried to stay away from car chargers. Somebody more tech savvy, please let me know if it's true or not about using car chargers.
    05-27-09 07:33 PM
    Isn't it just a pass thru stand? Seems like you could use it with all chargers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 07:34 PM
    You can use it with the car charger... Why couldn't you? I used it before no problems.. I use the Motorola branded charger.. and love it... SUPER cool Blue LED TOO
    05-27-09 07:39 PM
    i have three chargers as well...one for each job and then home. the one i use in the car works fine...verizon just usually wants you go buy stuff from them and when it doesn't work they just try to make you buy it again so they can get more money..

like the bill isn't enough pain every month!
    05-28-09 04:35 AM
    Its always worked fine for me. No reason it shouldn't. I have one velcroed to the dashboard of my truck, one on my nightstand, and a third in my laptop bag. Haven't had any trouble with any of em breaking or failing to charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 08:11 AM
    There are different views on the use of a car charger. Some say that it is a rapid charger but as wangster mentioned, it may fluctuate and thus isn't very good for the battery. I've heard from others that it doesn't make a difference and is ok to charge your phone with.

As for the desktop charger...there should be no issue whatsoever using it with a car charger. Verizon reps (well, any rep with any company!) will always try to get you to use their own product...the way they're used to using it.
    05-28-09 08:47 AM
    Well the one thing I can say for sure is that I am only using things that I have bought directly from Verizon. So they have no argument there. As I expected I did not think that there would be any issue with using this as a car Stand/charger. I will be putting mine back in my car today.

Thanks for everyones insight on this matter...
    05-28-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD