Hi all,

My Storm keeps losing its charge which is very annoying.

I have heard about charging pods but have some questions about this.

Do I use my current wall charger, to then charge the pod? Then I can leave my blackberry in the pod which I would take around (allowing it to charge while it still works)

Isn't this cumbersome to carry and would it replace my holster?

Is there any model you guys would recommend?

Would it be compatible with the Storm 2 when I upgrade?
    12-31-09 12:22 PM
    A pod is not generally something you would carry around with your phone. You can find them both with and without the charging cord. I opted for one without the cord and just used my wall cord to charge it. The pod itself isn't really charging the phone it is the charger doing it. The pod or cradle just holds the phone at a convienient angle to keep using it while it charges up. I use mine on my night stand and the phone goes into bedside mode and is my alarm clock while it is charging. This has worked very well for me and my storm easily lasts all day regardless of how long my day is.

Don't know if a Storm 1 would be compatible with S2 phone or will be different.

Hope this helps I think the pod is a great idea.

Happy New Year
    12-31-09 12:33 PM
    Hey Beagles,

Is there anything that would allow me to use my wall cord charger to charge a pod or cradle and then carry that around so that it holds the charge for a longer period of time.

And the one that you currently have without a cord... so you use your wall charger to charge the pod and then leave your storm on this charged pod (with no cords attached) and it still charges?
    12-31-09 12:36 PM
    If you're thinking of carrying around a battery powered charging pod anyway, why not just get a spare battery? And Seidio makes a really nice charging cable with a built in spare battery charger...

I've only seen what you're describing for Apple products, but that's because you can't swap out batteries on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 01:43 PM
    I think you don't grasp what s cradle or pod is or does. You can not charge the cradle. It is just a stand to hold your phone in a certain position. You could just as well make a stand out of pencils and it would do the same thing. There is no battery in the cradle. Your charger charges your phone. No charger, no charge... Cradle or not...
    12-31-09 01:58 PM
    An extra battery would be best, I always have one close by just in case. I was just at Target and noticed a little external battery source thing. It's just a thing that holds a AA battery, and has numerous plugs to charge different devices. It was on clearance too, like $12 or so. I have no idea how much longer the phone could run off of one AA battery, but I suppose you could carry a whole pocket full of them.
    12-31-09 02:28 PM
    camako, exactly.

I was just told that there is some kind of cradle available that you can buy that can carry the charge and then you can carry the blackberry around in that cradle which will keep the battery powered until you use it and then replace it back.
    12-31-09 03:30 PM
    Also, the extra battery doesn't help me because it would still need to be charged while inside the blackberry. Is there a way I could charge an extra battery while still using my phone with battery #1?
    12-31-09 03:31 PM
    Also, the extra battery doesn't help me because it would still need to be charged while inside the blackberry. Is there a way I could charge an extra battery while still using my phone with battery #1?
    You can actually get a charging cradle/dock or some other configuration right here on crackberry. Just go check out the store. You can get one that will charge your phone and the spare battery at the same time so you can take one with you when you leave the house/office.

You can also find them on Ebay or Amazon etc. and get some good prices as well. I personally too much of a coward to do aftermarket batteries and charging aparatus. Many people will tell you they have had good experiences with off brand supplies and I'm sure they do. It's just something to consider I will buy aftermarket just about anything but battery and charging items. Just my preference.
    12-31-09 04:16 PM
    12-31-09 04:19 PM
    The Seidio multi-function charger is the one I have and it's EXCELLENT!
    12-31-09 04:58 PM
    Thanks guys. Very helpful.

And do you know if that Seidio will work on Storm 2's as well?

Thanks again.
    12-31-09 11:31 PM
    Thanks guys. Very helpful.

And do you know if that Seidio will work on Storm 2's as well?

Thanks again.
    Yes, the S2 uses the same battery and the same micro USB.
    12-31-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD