hey guys i have a issue with my phone
    the first phone i had would lock up when the keys were locked then put on the charger...so i go back and get a new phone...now the second one does it

now yes i know dont keep the keys lock when i put it on the charger..but i was wondering if anyone else has this issue??

i have no extra apps loaded both phones were under a hour old

another issue i have is the phone locks up once every few days...and sometimes goes very slow...i have nothing open but the web browser that i am using...normal?

other then that i love this phone!!!
    08-08-09 05:06 PM
    welcome to the bberry storm, lock ups happen. i suggest a daily battery pull download QuickPull from the CrackberryAppStore for free and set it up to reset every morning. The storm's App Memory slowly drains, getting low enough to let it freeze....which a battery pull replenishs back to the top. also besure to close EVERYTHING with blackberry menu-> close, no Red End button, this leaves apps running in the background, which also slows the phone alot
    08-08-09 11:07 PM
    yeah so if i do that app it will reboot the phone when i want it to? thats cool
    i will try that!! thank you!!
    08-09-09 07:30 AM
    also do you know of a app that will allow the storm to keep beeping for alerts till you check your storm???
    08-09-09 07:44 AM
    Not off the top of my head, search the forums. If you have your LED light on it will blink green if the phone is normal, red if you have a notification (text, email, facebook, Voicemail etc), orange if the battery is low, and blue if connected to Bluetooth. If there is no app that beeps until you check it, you could just watch the light to see if it blinks red

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 12:04 PM
    hey guys i have a issue with my phone
    the first phone i had would lock up when the keys were locked then put on the charger...so i go back and get a new phone...now the second one does it

now yes i know dont keep the keys lock when i put it on the charger..but i was wondering if anyone else has this issue??

i have no extra apps loaded both phones were under a hour old

another issue i have is the phone locks up once every few days...and sometimes goes very slow...i have nothing open but the web browser that i am using...normal?

other then that i love this phone!!!
    My Storm does the same thing. I want to put it on the charger at work to keep the bars full but when I do it locks up and I have to do a battery pull. It's frustrating! Other than that, I love my Storm! Any solution????
    08-17-09 08:56 PM
    I had a similar problem, when I plugged my Storm in to the car charger or the AC adapter it would get extremely hot and eventually lock up. I returned it and have not had the problem with the new device, some people are on their 7th or 8th Storm, so don't be afraid to return it LOL.
    08-18-09 10:54 AM
    My Storm does the same thing. I want to put it on the charger at work to keep the bars full but when I do it locks up and I have to do a battery pull. It's frustrating! Other than that, I love my Storm! Any solution????
    Read the the thread. A battery pull. This can also happen when new storm owners don't close out apps. Run a good OS. This is easily remedied. Don't be like some of those that run to replace there phone every time something little happens. With a little knowledge you can overcome this issue and avoid a refurb! Ya! I still have my new storm thankfully. I have encountered some issues small) and I am glad I had the patience to solve the issues myself.
    08-18-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD