I realize that many of the Storm accessories should function with the Storm 2. But given the slimmer design, it looks like they are going to have to make the custom skins. Any idea, from past experience, how long it generally takes to get some decent custom accessories after the official release of the phone?
    05-25-09 11:28 AM
    Its tough to say. RIM had a lot of items for the storm launch and a lot of th favorite companies were 1-3 months until they had offerings available. That alone gives me reason to hold off on upgrading (unless their is a Storm 1 special) so I can keep from over buynign on the case front.
    05-25-09 01:35 PM
    Like every device I'm sure there will be some BB released stuff and many 3rd party things from companies like Seidio, etc. that are designed specifically for the new device.
    05-25-09 03:39 PM
    Its a bit early to be thinking about accessories

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 03:41 PM
    Its a bit early to be thinking about accessories

maybe, maybe not.

i'm about to buy an external battery charger for my storm, but have been waiting for some details on whether or not storm 2 will use the same D-X1 battery. if it'll be the exact same battery, then there's an accessory that i'll buy

speaking of which, does anyone know if storm 2 will use the same battery as storm 1? hehe i'm sure radioguinea knows but will he be 'allowed' to confirm or deny this?
    05-25-09 08:50 PM
    I love seidio products and they molded holsters. I have had one for my storm 1, iphone 3g and g1. I do remember it took seidio about 1 1/2 to 2 months before their molded holser came for the storm. I remember emailing them asking and they said that they weren't given a storm to start design and such until after it was released so it took them longer than usual.

05-27-09 02:46 PM
    any1 knows if storm 2 will work with storm 1 desktop stand?!

-thx,
    10-13-09 10:36 PM
    Only way to know is when the phone comes out then try your old accessories from storm1 which i think should fit fine not perfect though.
    10-13-09 11:44 PM
    maybe, maybe not.

i'm about to buy an external battery charger for my storm, but have been waiting for some details on whether or not storm 2 will use the same D-X1 battery. if it'll be the exact same battery, then there's an accessory that i'll buy

speaking of which, does anyone know if storm 2 will use the same battery as storm 1? hehe i'm sure radioguinea knows but will he be 'allowed' to confirm or deny this?
    Can't imagine them wanting to waste engineering $ to change the battery from the S1. That and the fact that they're using the same battery in several other devices aside from the S1...likely RIM is getting a very nice price on high volume orders of the D-X1 to ship w/their devices. I'm confident it will be used in the S2.
    10-13-09 11:46 PM
    Yes its been confirm by Sal and other sources same battery as storm1.
    10-13-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD