I'm looking for a pair of headphones to get myself as a Christmas present this year, and I'm just overwhelmed with all the choices. I usually like to do my own research, but with all the possibilities I'm turning to you CrackBerry. I'm also not too familiar with headphone technology, just sick of crappy sounding headphones...

Here's what I'm wanting from them:

-Price range: $50-$150
    -Must have a mic on them, so I can still talk on the phone with them on. I'd really like the ability to play/pause, adjust volume, and switch songs too, but that's not overly important.
    -In-ear, or behind the head ones. I do a lot of mountain biking, and riding around town, so they must work with my helmet on.
    -Must be comfortable (obvious) and stay on while flying down a hill through the trees on my bicycle, or weaving in and out of cars in the concrete jungle.

Some added notes:

-I'm not opposed to Bluetooth ones. I use some Skull Candy ones in my Giro snowboard helmet, and I love not having a cord. I'm just kind of worried about them maybe cutting in and out, although the Skull Candy ones never have. I just don't need my fellow, half asleep, bus riders hearing what I'm listening to in the morning. Or pissing people off people in the library during finals week at school. Does this ever happen, like if the connection goes out for some reason the music defaults to the external speakers?

-I've looked at the in-ear ones that Bose offers, I've always been a fan of their products. The MIE2 specifically, any input on these is appreciated. Also, the MEI2i ones say they are designed for the iCrap products, and have volume and track selection buttons. Do these work with our BlackBerry phones by chance?

-I also noticed the review of Sennheiser-Adidas CX 680 headphones done in the blog earlier this year. I like the controls and that they're water resistant too. Also, how the cord is reinforced, and can take varying temperatures, and abuse. Yellow is not really my color though, but I'm still not ruling them out.

I think I covered about everything I want from a pair of headphones, and will greatly appreciate any and all advice from you all. I've been using the standard BlackBerry headphones, and a pair from an old iCrap device, so I'm in desperate need for a new pair.

Thanks for your time,
    Jeff
    12-15-10 03:03 PM
    BeatbyDRE??? I have a pair and they are really good. I have the Tour ones.
    12-15-10 10:58 PM
    BeatbyDRE??? I have a pair and they are really good. I have the Tour ones.
    Are they Beats Tour with Control Talk (forward/backward/answer buttons)? I have the Beats Tour w/ Control Talk and my 9780 with Telus doesn't recognize it.
    01-29-11 09:57 PM
    Should check zagg.com smartbuds are what I'm going with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD