After seeing the painted phone and reading your comments, I am more than convinced that I have a vision problem since I don't (can't) see the beauty that you all have been enjoying.
    05-04-09 11:32 PM
    would you recommend me doing this?!?! I wanted to replace it with a black bezel but it looks too risky and it does void your warranty. How would you recommend me doing this? Thanks!!!
    Im not going to tell you one way or another if you should go through this process. It takes a steady hand and its very possible that you may scratch something up that your not wanting to scratch. Like i said before, i actually put a small scratch across the glass thats covering the camera...not the lense itself though. I couldnt be happier.

To those of you who don't like the way it looks, i respect that. I still need to snap some better quality pictures too. I really do like how it looks though, and couldnt be happier with the results. Like i said above, its almost given my phone a matte type finish. My ocd starts to kick in if i have anything on my phone that shines. I find myself constantly wiping it off even though its in a innocase most of the time. Thanks for all the feedback though.
    05-05-09 03:16 PM
    Looks very nice!
    05-09-09 08:45 PM

hows clever!
    this makes me really tempt to strip chrome off it. I always love the black matte than glossy!

your bb with black matte look so AWESOME!
    05-09-09 08:58 PM
    Thanks again for the positive feedback everyone. And I agree farb..I enjoy the matte look over the shiny look

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 08:28 PM
    Lol..... Now that is funny right there

Hi Clint, what does "LOL" mean?
    05-12-09 04:29 AM
    Really......???

LOL=Laughing Out Loud.....

05-12-09 07:05 AM
    who knew? looks good.
    05-12-09 10:15 AM
    Really......???

LOL=Laughing Out Loud.....

How about LMAO....you know that one?
    05-12-09 06:56 PM
    How about LMAO....you know that one?
    ROFLMFAO. . .
    05-12-09 06:57 PM
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. The high grit sandpaper sounds like a good idea. The phone feels great with a textured surface. And to the poster that said it seemed dusty, you're right..there was a lot of blowing and wiping involved.

That's what she said....sorry

Ha ha! That was a good laugh......kinda saw it coming though.

That's what she said....just had to.
    05-12-09 08:24 PM
    Ha ha! That was a good laugh......kinda saw it coming though.

That's what she said....just had to.
    Very nice

Im not proud of it
    05-13-09 02:00 AM
    Hi all!

Just wanna let u know that if u want a glossy black bezel
    u can make it without opening it with ..........rubberband
    I know that's not fun

img11.imageshack.us/img11/4540/dsc01533.jpg
    img17.imageshack.us/img17/4180/dsc01534c.jpg

sorry I can't post links or images

++
    05-13-09 04:23 AM
    Looks awesome. I would still go for a case for everyday use but I would make sure to take it off now and then to let people know how cool it looks.
    05-13-09 10:17 AM
    I think the matt finish makes the top plastic bit look out of place. I'm waiting for my black bezel to arrive as I think it meshes better with the top of the phone. Leave the matt goodness for the back of the phone.
    05-13-09 12:16 PM
    Looks awesome. I would still go for a case for everyday use but I would make sure to take it off now and then to let people know how cool it looks.

Yeah I still use my innocase everyday for sure. But when im at home or showing it off ill take it out for people to look at.
    05-13-09 12:37 PM
    Hi all!

Just wanna let u know that if u want a glossy black bezel
    u can make it without opening it with ..........rubberband
    I know that's not fun

img11.imageshack.us/img11/4540/dsc01533.jpg
    img17.imageshack.us/img17/4180/dsc01534c.jpg

sorry I can't post links or images

++
    come on then mate
    give us some more details
    06-06-09 08:23 AM
    looks time consuming lol.

i like the matte finish though
    08-01-09 10:35 PM
    It looks great

I have a question though. Lets say you are still under warranty, and your phone starts having problems. If you were to send your phone in, would they consider the problem caused by neglect, hence making your warranty useless, or would they fix it anyway since its just cosmetic.

If my Bezel gets really dinged up, I may do that, since it would at least look uniform
    08-01-09 11:10 PM
    looks good! I like the textured look
    08-02-09 01:39 AM
    i posted mine before u just had no pics . i did it this morning it turned out quite good considering i used a sanding block. ya its not as shiny but i think i like the flat black look better and its smooth. so for me i like it plus save $$ haha
    08-02-09 02:58 AM
    Please post a video...
    08-02-09 11:51 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD