I just got my Tour last night and I have it up and running. I downloaded some custom ringtones from this site last night and they work when I set them up for different contacts when they call my phone. The problem I am having is I set up the phone to have one custom ringtone for SMS and another one for MMS and they don't seem to be working. I went into the Sounds area, picked Set Ringtones/Alerts, picked Messages, picked SMS Text, changed the ringtone to the one I wanted, (Play sounds is set to Always, notify me during calls is set to yes). I then pressed the menu button and clicked save. When I get a text, it is still playing the default sound. ((Same thing for picture messages.....changed it by doing the same thing above, but picked the MMS option instead of the SMS one). Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong??? It is driving me crazy!
    12-15-10 10:27 AM
    once you select a custom ringtone for a contact, it overrides the messages ringtone for that contact also. so, unless you select a messages ringtone for that same contact, you will only get the default message ringtone for that contact. follow?
    12-15-10 11:27 AM
    Yup....that really stinks!! Who came up with this??
    12-15-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD