Can you still see the keys in the dark or low light environments?
    Others have complained about this but I assume that they have the black one.
    Just curious how it is with a different color?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's quite dim with the silver case as well. I think that's just the way they are made. I don't particularly like how deep the track ball sits with this case either. Scrolling can be slow at times.

01-18-09 09:33 PM
    Answers to some questions:

I keep my device in my pocket most of the time with the skin on & have no problems taking in and out of my pocket. The black color does attract some lint & dust but I think it is tolerable.

The skin does not hamper the vibration of the Bold whatsoever. The vibration function is not very strong but the smart skin really does not affect it in any way.

I personally like to keep it in my chest pocket so I can feel the vibration as I frequently work in loud environments. Pairing it with the bluetooth headset or using the wired headset that comes with it helps me as well.
    01-19-09 01:36 AM
    can anyone post pictures of the case other than the black and the stock pictures from case mate?
    01-19-09 03:37 AM
    I asked the same question a while ago BDK but no one posted anything.
    01-19-09 12:23 PM
    Compared to the same exact case for the BB curve the keys are definitely dimmer in dark or night time situations. That seems to be my only complaint so far
    01-19-09 01:01 PM
    There was a video posted on the Crackberry blog about the skin.

http://crackberry.com/member-video-r...mart-skin-bold
    01-19-09 03:03 PM
    The video posted by JReel really covers everything & gives you a good overview of the product.

Well done JReel!
    01-19-09 04:59 PM
    Compared to the same exact case for the BB curve the keys are definitely dimmer in dark or night time situations. That seems to be my only complaint so far
    There were a few posts indicating a problem using the trackball with the skin. I adjusted after a short time but I wish people would give it a try & be patient.

01-19-09 10:08 PM
    There were a few posts indicating a problem using the trackball with the skin. I adjusted after a short time but I wish people would give it a try & be patient.

It irks me a bit as well, but I resolved this issue by increasing the trackball roll sensitivity to compensate. I'm almost scrolling at the same speed now.
    01-19-09 10:33 PM
    It irks me a bit as well, but I resolved this issue by increasing the trackball roll sensitivity to compensate. I'm almost scrolling at the same speed now.
    Excellent suggestion, I think I will try it.

01-20-09 10:31 AM
    can anyone post pictures of the case other than the black and the stock pictures from case mate?
    The case mate site offers black, white, red & purple. Was hoping for grey or blue but maybe later. The purple one looks a little greyish to me in the pictures but I am color blind so what do I know?
    01-20-09 05:47 PM
    dont you guys find that these silicon skins attract alot of dust and or w/e ? and also hide dust away between the phone and the case?
    01-20-09 05:58 PM
    dont you guys find that these silicon skins attract alot of dust and or w/e ? and also hide dust away between the phone and the case?
    I have always found this to be the case with skins. I could never find one that took this problem out of the equation.
    01-20-09 06:00 PM
    Sorry about that. The wap forums did not show the links.
    Just reviewed the videos, you did a nice job and offered a good review of the skins.

Keep up the good work.
    Thanks, ill be putting up more videos soon
    01-20-09 06:09 PM
    The Case Mate Smart skin doesnt have that gummy feeling like a traditional silicone case does. I know some do have that lint attracting material to it.
    01-20-09 06:10 PM
    Yea I just take a warm damp piece of cloth and wipe it off gently
    01-20-09 08:48 PM
    I think that the black one shows the dust more than the other colors but I do not have any of the other colors to prove it. Still thinking about ordering the white one anyway.
    01-20-09 09:26 PM
    damn thing hasn't arrived yet. 2 1/2 weeks since shipping. contacted the seller who said it should have arrived by now. He asked me to confirm my address, and i haven't heard back from him.
    01-20-09 11:16 PM
    damn thing hasn't arrived yet. 2 1/2 weeks since shipping. contacted the seller who said it should have arrived by now. He asked me to confirm my address, and i haven't heard back from him.
    Sounds awful strange, especially with no tracking #.

01-21-09 12:43 AM
    I think that the black one shows the dust more than the other colors but I do not have any of the other colors to prove it. Still thinking about ordering the white one anyway.
    I have the black case mate smart case and it doesnt attract dust/lint at all. Its great, raised button keys for typing and not a lint magnet
    01-21-09 03:43 AM
    I purchased a Smart Skin (Case-Mate brand) from an eBay seller (let_me_sell_that_for_you) with just only $15.95 and free shipping.

It came in an original retail package, and it took 3 days to ship from Washington to Minnesota.

I recommend that seller !
    I order one from the same seller for 14.95 and free shipping. Received mine in 2 days and I live in Chicago.

Thanks for the info AirSupply
    01-21-09 07:33 AM
    I ordered one in purple (just to be different) on Sunday (I expect it tomorrow). If I like it enough I will also order it in red.
    As for cut out for the charging pod, a steady hand and a razor knife or box cutter can work wonders I am told. That is, assuming it fits the charging pod.
    01-21-09 07:46 AM
    Would like to see the white installed on someones bold!
    01-21-09 08:18 AM
    Just ordered one in black, cant wait for it to get here..
    01-21-09 09:18 AM
    Who was the seller? Mine was calportproducts, and I"m still waiting also after 3 weeks.

01-21-09 09:47 AM
461 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD