Sorry in advance for a potentially silly question: when it says it's protective, in what sense? Scratches and bumps or minor falls too?
    12-31-08 10:39 PM
    POTUS:
    Did you receive an email with the tracking info? Should be a fedex #. Just curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, as a matter of fact, I did get a tracking number and it was from Fedex a few days ago. Shame about it is, the estimated day of delivery is 1/5/09
    12-31-08 10:56 PM
    Has anyone tried the Smart Skin BlackBerry Bold Case by Case-Mate? Looks like a nice skin that protects the keyboard too.

I just ordered it in black but was wondering if anyone already has it.

Smart Skin Black Berry Bold Case - Case-mate
    Gee you must work for case mate....lol

I tried it .... it was OKAY the basic $5.00 silicone skins found everywhere are superior.
    Last edited by Shawnfb; 12-31-08 at 11:21 PM.
    12-31-08 11:14 PM
    Wow I like the way the skin looks on the bold. Thinking about ordering one today
    12-31-08 11:19 PM
    make sure you use the code at the final checkout.
    Last edited by Shawnfb; 01-01-09 at 10:09 AM.
    12-31-08 11:25 PM
    Gee you must work for case mate....lol

I tried it .... it was OKAY the basic $5.00 silicone skins found everywhere are superior.
    I have to disagree with you on this one. The basic generic skin does not even compare to the one offered by case mate. It offers little protection with no cover for the keyboard and rips easily when taking it off. For $19.99 you get a high quality skin, screen protector and a privacy screen protector. The generic skins sold in a pack of 3 at the AT&T stores for $30 are really cheap & suck. Not to mention are really poor quality. At least the case mate skin is fairly durable and lasts longer than a month.

01-01-09 12:56 AM
    For $19.99 you get a high quality skin, screen protector and a privacy screen protector.
    I'm interested in the skin but I don't see on the case-mate site that it comes with the privacy screen protector.
    01-01-09 09:25 AM
    I have to disagree with you on this one. The basic generic skin does not even compare to the one offered by case mate. It offers little protection with no cover for the keyboard and rips easily when taking it off. For $19.99 you get a high quality skin, screen protector and a privacy screen protector. The generic skins sold in a pack of 3 at the AT&T stores for $30 are really cheap & suck. Not to mention are really poor quality. At least the case mate skin is fairly durable and lasts longer than a month.

i agree.. it is better quality.. "skin".. i was referring to $5.00 skin.. pretty cheap.. decent. but yes.. this is unique.. and very nice
    01-01-09 10:10 AM
    Thanks for starting this thread. I was not aware this case existed. This is exactly what I have been looking for! I have tried tons of cases (some too bulky, some not enough protection, some cover the beauty of the Bold, etc.). I have been using the standard black OEM skin, but really wanted something to cover the keyboard and center buttons around the trackball. This one looks perfect - good protection, no excess bulk, & still maintains the beauty of the Bold. Unfortunately, when I try to order it from the site I get an "Item no longer available" message. I'm sure that once that 20% off code expires, they will be back up. That's just my luck. Guess I'll keep trying or pick it up on ebay. Thanks again for the topic and thanks to gaganchow for the discount code.

EDIT: Just got it to work. I was trying to order from work and I guess my firewall was interferring somehow. Works fine when I tried it from home and the cupon code worked as well. Can't wait to have it in-hand.
    Last edited by UMRebel; 01-01-09 at 04:16 PM.
    01-01-09 10:31 AM
    I hope I did not come across as too "pushy" or suggesting that this is the greatest product ever. I am well aware that there are other cases available that offer much greater protection or have various clips for attachment.

To me, this is just a simple skin that is more durable than the generic ones we are all accustom to; offers moderate protection (bumps, scratches etc.) and looks nice too. I also like it because it does not make the Bold feel bulky as I carry it in my pocket most of the time.

Regardless of what products you all choose to protect your devices, at least use something.

Just my 2�

P E A C E
    01-01-09 08:24 PM
    i just ordered one of these from a seller on ebay. looking forward to it.
    01-01-09 08:50 PM
    i just ordered one of these from a seller on ebay. looking forward to it.
    What are these going for on EBay? Just curious?
    01-01-09 08:52 PM
    $16 free shipping!
    01-01-09 10:38 PM
    I ordered this case as well, it should be here by Monday
    01-01-09 10:38 PM
    $16 free shipping!
    Sounds like a good deal. I'll have to check it out.
    Same color selection I assume?

01-01-09 11:54 PM
    there was no mention of colour. i assume black.
    01-02-09 01:24 AM
    just ordered from Ebay.....will post review later..

also, has anyone tried this with the extended battery from Seidio (sp)?
    Last edited by SuperTone; 01-02-09 at 11:12 AM.
    01-02-09 10:52 AM
    just ordered from Ebay.....will post review later..

also, has anyone tried this with the extended battery from Seidio (sp)?
    The skin may be able to stretch a bit but how much does the extra capacity battery add to the Bold?

01-02-09 10:14 PM
    Are the skins you guys are ordering off of Ebay case-mate brand or a different brand?

01-03-09 11:01 PM
    Are the skins you guys are ordering off of Ebay case-mate brand or a different brand?

here you go. Smart Skin by Case Mate on the bay.
    01-03-09 11:12 PM
    Thanks Dr. Bold for the link. I tried searching Ebay for case-mate but nothing came up. I'll try your link.

01-04-09 09:30 AM
    The skin may be able to stretch a bit but how much does the extra capacity battery add to the Bold?

here is a link in reference to the extended battery...looks like some has gotten at least 5 days before recharge with this battery.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/sei...attery-108974/
    01-04-09 09:53 AM
    I purchased a Smart Skin (Case-Mate brand) from an eBay seller (let_me_sell_that_for_you) with just only $15.95 and free shipping.

It came in an original retail package, and it took 3 days to ship from Washington to Minnesota.

I recommend that seller !
    01-04-09 09:58 PM
    Supertone:

I checked out the link you posted for the extended battery. Based on the pictures, I would have to guess that the case-mate skin may not exactly fit properly over the new battery. By design, the cut out for the camera lens and flash sit flush with the skin on and may not work so great with that increased expansion caused by the extended battery. Of course I could be completely wrong but I am just basing my opinion on the pictures shown on the battery website and how the skin fits my Bold.

Whatever you decide, good luck.
    01-05-09 02:38 AM
    Supertone:

I checked out the link you posted for the extended battery. Based on the pictures, I would have to guess that the case-mate skin may not exactly fit properly over the new battery. By design, the cut out for the camera lens and flash sit flush with the skin on and may not work so great with that increased expansion caused by the extended battery. Of course I could be completely wrong but I am just basing my opinion on the pictures shown on the battery website and how the skin fits my Bold.

Whatever you decide, good luck.
    I agree, I was just thinking about this over the weekend and thought it would pull the skin too tight on the buttons also...
    01-05-09 08:35 AM
461 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD