Got a new Curve 8330 this weekend and loving it so far. Trying to get everything setup and thought it would automatically go into sleep and/or vibrate mode when 'holstered' in a leather case with a magnetic closure. I can't find a setting to tell it to. I looked in the manual and found nothing about it. Help? Thanks!
    10-12-09 12:02 PM
    It should go into sleep mode automatically when holstered in a compatible holster. Compatible holsters have a magnet in them that will sit at or near the TYGH keys space bar. (Not all magnetic closures are blackberry compatible).
    AFAIK, it's not a setting, it just "does it". You can also enter sleep mode by pressing the mute key (button on top).

You can edit what your phone does when holstered by editing your profiles:
    Profiles>
    (scroll down) advanced>
    (click the appropriate profile)
    choose what you want to change (eg: phone), you'll see settings for "in holster" and "out of holster".

Does this answer your question?
    Last edited by monkeee2002; 10-12-09 at 12:21 PM. Reason: fix't magnet locale
    10-12-09 12:16 PM
    The case has to have a magnet at the bottom of the case for it to work. The magnet sensor is below the spacebar at the bottom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 12:17 PM
    If it's an OEM case that came in the box with your phone, and says blackberry on it, sleep mode is automatic when you put it inside.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 12:26 PM
    It should go into sleep mode automatically when holstered in a compatible holster. Compatible holsters have a magnet in them that will sit at or near the TYGH keys space bar. (Not all magnetic closures are blackberry compatible).
    AFAIK, it's not a setting, it just "does it". You can also enter sleep mode by pressing the mute key (button on top).

You can edit what your phone does when holstered by editing your profiles:
    Profiles>
    (scroll down) advanced>
    (click the appropriate profile)
    choose what you want to change (eg: phone), you'll see settings for "in holster" and "out of holster".

Does this answer your question?
    Yes - I had one more push to go before I got there. Thanks!

Don't see a holster option?
    Last edited by dawgfan76; 10-12-09 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Found answer after fat-fingering incident
    10-12-09 01:19 PM
    Glad to help
    10-12-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD