I am looking on Ebay for some cases and skins etc for the Storm 9550. I came across the cases that put the phone into sleep mode. How does that work? I don't really understand how putting my phone in the case puts into sleep mode. Can someone please explain the theory behind that and let me know what they think of those type of cases? Thank you
    12-24-09 12:57 AM
    The case has a magnet in it that the phone detects. Sleep mode is basically the same as standby.
    Most OEM cases come with this functionality and it is pretty useful! Will save you some battery power and prevent pocket dialing.
    12-24-09 04:50 AM
    Every non-flip style Blackberry has a Hall Effect Switch which triggers in the presence of a magnetic field. The switches location varies from model to model.

In standby mode the BB can come out of it by pressing a button. In sleep mode no button will wake the phone. It must be separated from the magnet.

The Sleep Mode not only saves battery life it gives you added functions.

If you choose to skin your phone you can still take advantage of the sleep function by using a hyberpad.
    12-29-09 07:35 PM
    they seem to b very rare.
    12-30-09 01:17 PM
    I just purchased a holster at verizon and it makes my storm go to sleep but its **** to wake up and someone on this fourm said it the nature of the beast ???????I will sell my holster if things do not improve pretty quick
    12-30-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD