Hello awesome community!

I am torn between(among) a SKIN or a CASE (or a pocket) for my 8900.

I am now using the default/in-the-box pocket and am wondering what would be best having the following concerns:

* i am very, very good with my toys - rarely after a few years of use a gadget has a scratch
    * pocket dust/little annoying garbage that gathers in cracks and around keys is what bugs me most
    * speed of use is what i miss with my pocket now (need to take it out before I can even see why the blinker is on)
    * I am concerned if skins will easily slide in my pocket
    * I read some bad feedbacks for the SEIDIO Innocase 360
    * I am hesitant to wearing my berry naked, prefer to have it "covered"

Couple of weeks ago I saw a cool cover on an iPhone - had a slick, soft, aluminium-like surface but with gentle rubbery effect. Reminded me a bit of Sony Ericsson finishes. Solid yet thin and perfect around the edges. Unfortunately, the guy who had it was a pr!ck and didn't want to tell me the brand or where he got it from... So, here I am stuck wondering...

Any, any inputs are more than welcome! Thank you
    06-25-09 02:19 AM
    I am now using the default/in-the-box pocket and am wondering what would be best having the following concerns:

* i am very, very good with my toys - rarely after a few years of use a gadget has a scratch
    * pocket dust/little annoying garbage that gathers in cracks and around keys is what bugs me most
    * speed of use is what i miss with my pocket now (need to take it out before I can even see why the blinker is on)
    * I am concerned if skins will easily slide in my pocket
    * I read some bad feedbacks for the SEIDIO Innocase 360
    * I am hesitant to wearing my berry naked, prefer to have it "covered"
    i like keeping mine covered too, im really ocd about scratches or dust. lol. anyway, i've used both.

i always get dust in my keys' reguardless of what i have on it.

a skin sucks if you put your phone in your pocket alot, it gets stuck & does not slide easy.

i guess it depends on what you want out of it, if its' in your pocket alot, i'd go for a case.

hope this helps!
    06-25-09 03:52 AM
    I have/had the same sort of dilemma as the OP. I got the OEM rubber skin and thought that I would use it by slipping it in my pocket. Removed the skin in 2 days ,coz the phone looks big and ugly. The skin was really smooth causing me to drop it twice.
    Th etrackball remained unprotected.
    I have ordered a Cellet signature case( vertical holster type) which covers the full phone ,unlike the OEM pocket.
    I prefer hanging the phone on my belt, rather than keeping it in my pants or shirt pocket naked or with a skin.
    06-26-09 06:44 AM
    I just ordered a Case-Mate for my 8900. Have one for my iphone and works great. I've been using pouch from previous 8800 up until now and it has worked great. I think this phone (8900) came with a really silly pouch which was way too tight and only covered 2/3 of phone.
    06-26-09 09:08 AM
    Would having a skin mess up the trackball in the long run, since it would be exposed to all the potential lint and what not in my pocket?

That's my biggest concern. If it doesn't really have that big of a impact on the life of the trackball, then I'm going to get a case
    07-08-09 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD