As a woman, I've tended in the past to just skin my phones, so they keep a smaller profile for purse use. 99% of the time I don't need nor would I use a belt clip. That said, I've also used cases for my PDAs to better protect the screens and my phones have been flip the past few years.

I'm thinking I want to skin my 8900 (Invisible Shield - yes, I know there are less expensive alternatives, that's not my question). Is this enough protection if my purse contents are fairly simple for the most part? Or does the 8900 need a bit more oomph to protect it. If so, would a skin + case be a good idea? Or what about something like a Seidio Innocase 360?
    05-16-09 12:25 AM
    I use a silicone case and a mirrored screen protector but I've seen the 360 on a BB here and it looks great and offers complete protection. I always hold mine. My baby never leaaves me lol. plus I dropped it skinless 4x's in the first 4 days and not a scratch on it
    05-16-09 12:34 AM
    If you're only worried about the phone being in your purse, an invisibleSHIELD would be great against protecting your phone from scratches. It won't help against any types of drops or anything for when it's out of your purse.
    05-16-09 12:43 AM
    ZAGG invisbleSHEILD and a skin will do
    05-16-09 01:57 AM
    If you worried about the phone getting dinged up then carry it in a pillow...if your worried about
    The phone working the skin will be fine...I watch my boy treat his 8900 like it owes him money
    And it always works...we spent a hour looking for it in the snow and when we found it it still
    Worked...skin will be fine....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 02:11 AM
    trust me on this one bunny, go to cberry store and purchase their $10 case for the 8900. It is the most comfortable, well fit, light case I've ever had, and I had it on my pearl & old curve haha. It's really thin and perfectly fits the phone covering the side buttons tightly, making it easy to click them. Just overall a wow case. As far as it goes for the screen protector, there's a lot to choose from, I guess from my experience I'd advice you to purchase a user proven screen protecter, meaning don't just go off buying random stuff off of amazon
    05-16-09 04:23 AM
    The Skin Case does look interesting - thanks for that recommendation.

Definitely wouldn't buy "something random" off Amazon without researching it. If I were just looking for a screen protector, no question in my mind from experience that the Zagg does a great job.
    05-16-09 09:53 AM
    I researched the heck out of every cover on the market before buying a BSE screen and full body protective cover for about $9 that has worked fabulously without adding any bulk to the 8900's form factor. The BSE cover also provides a better grip and feel in your hand while using the phone compared to no protective covering at all. I also bought an additional cover from a T-Mo retail store for about $8 that allows the BSE protected 8900 to slip easily in and out of my pocket because it has a nylon like exterior. It also has a felt like interior that basically wipes clean any smudges every time you slip it back into this cover after using the phone. I'm a guy, so I don't have a purse, but this cover offers the added benefit of keeping any pocket lint from being able to collect on the keyboard or trackball. The combination of this slip cover and the BSE screen/body protection has proven to be the least expensive and best overall solution for me. T-Mo retail stores also sell a similar draw string pouch that fits the 8900 quite well and has a more suede like exterior than the more nylon like cover I've described here ... that might work even better to put in your purse.
    05-17-09 04:27 PM
    Thanks to everyone here. I took another look at the Zagg on the basis of what I'm covering, the 8900, and learned that they did NOT do a good job of designing that particular skin. Interestingly, I actually just sent back a Kindle 2 skin to them because of the same thing. I'm wondering if they've changed their philosophy on their skins?

Regardless, because of all the great info here, I have a BSE full body set on its way, along with a skin case, and we'll see if that gives me what I want, or if I want to go further and get a hard case.

Really appreciate the input on a topic that's often beaten to death.
    05-17-09 05:20 PM
    Thanks to everyone here. I took another look at the Zagg on the basis of what I'm covering, the 8900, and learned that they did NOT do a good job of designing that particular skin. Interestingly, I actually just sent back a Kindle 2 skin to them because of the same thing. I'm wondering if they've changed their philosophy on their skins?

Regardless, because of all the great info here, I have a BSE full body set on its way, along with a skin case, and we'll see if that gives me what I want, or if I want to go further and get a hard case.

Really appreciate the input on a topic that's often beaten to death.
    I just ordered a full skin, 2 scree protectors (as a backup). hope they work AWESOMELY with my Seidio Innocase II.
    05-29-09 12:00 AM
    Just a screen protector and an OEM silicone case for me. On other days, I'll take out the silicone and use the leather tote holster instead.
    05-29-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD