I am thinking about buying one of the Skin Cases for my new Tour, but am concerned about it fitting into the leather holster that came with Tour.

Anyone with the Skin Case have any info or opinions on them.

Thanks
    07-21-09 05:04 PM
    I bought the blackberry branded case form this site and it works pretty well. doesn't really add much size to the phone and it never feels like its about to slip out of my hand.

i also use it with the holster and it's tight fit. it takes a little more effort to get it in or out of the holster, but since i'm paranoid about scuffing this thing i'm willing to live it.
    Last edited by soulglo; 07-21-09 at 05:15 PM.
    07-21-09 05:10 PM
    I don't think any holsters will work with the skin like cases. I wish they would but I think the closest you will find is the innocase combo that seidio makes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 05:13 PM
    I tried it but it is really tight with the verizon silicone case and the included holster.
    07-21-09 05:14 PM
    I am thinking about buying one of the Skin Cases for my new Tour, but am concerned about it fitting into the leather holster that came with Tour.

Anyone with the Skin Case have any info or opinions on them.

Thanks
    I recently got my girlfriend the Tour and a pink skin case. She tore apart the packaging when she got home and found the leather case that comes with the phone, but wasn't pleased when it didn't fit the phone with the pink skin on it. I found a solution for her that might work for you:
    Try stretching out the case a bit. Put something a little over-sized (a little) in it to get the stretchy latex sides to allow more in. I used my hands and pulled it apart for a few minutes, and it seemed to fit a bit better. "Break it in" as my brother so aptly put, but just try not to break it
    07-21-09 05:23 PM
    I have the bb skin and agree it is a little snug getting it in and out. I also agree it is worth it to prevent it from scratches out side of the holster. I'm going to leave mine on and try it out some more. I agree stretching it out should help also.

07-21-09 05:29 PM
    I use a skin case and a horizontal leather case. The fit is loose enough that there is no problem with fit. I got it at a kiosk, I believe the case is an iPhone size.

07-21-09 05:43 PM
    The Blackberry branded rubber skin will fit inside the holster that came with the Tour. It's a little tighter, but useable. What I've been doing is keeping a deck of cards in the holster overnight to stretch it out a bit. Seems to be working.
    07-21-09 11:50 PM
    I have a clear Verizon skin on my Tour and am carrying in the BlackBerry branded 8830 holster (my previous BB). Fits like a charm.
    07-21-09 11:56 PM
    i have a gel skin that i bought for my tour...its hard to get into and out of the original holster that it came with...
    07-22-09 12:34 AM
    i have a skin case on my tour that i bought from crackberry store and it works just fine. in and out with ease. skin might creep up a bit wen putting device in holster but yes it fits. and the magnet still puts phone on standby
    07-22-09 12:48 AM
    I have a verizon skin on mine and it fits inside the holster.
    07-22-09 03:56 AM
    i have a skin case on my tour that i bought from crackberry store and it works just fine. in and out with ease. skin might creep up a bit wen putting device in holster but yes it fits. and the magnet still puts phone on standby

What skin is this? Could you post a link or the name of the skin?

Thanks!
    07-24-09 07:26 AM
    I done it... it's toight, toight like a toiger.
    07-24-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD