whats the verdict...

I see people talking about a specific one but I'd like to know which is better. I would think the snap on plastic would protect better from droping then the silicone. But what do I know....

please help me decide which is the better buy to protect my bb storm.

thanks
    12-11-08 01:58 PM
    I have the snap on plastic case from vz. I must say I kinda like it. It has save my storm a few times now it does add some bulk but I can live with that for now. And trying to find a holster to work with the case is impossible. But all in all I like it a lot. Hop that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.c
    rackberry.com
    Last edited by killertonez; 12-11-08 at 02:11 PM.
    12-11-08 02:05 PM
    I have the snap on plastic case from vz. I must say I kinda like it. It has save my storm a few times now.
    I does add some bulk but I can live with that for now. And trying to find a holster to work with the case is
    Impossible. But all in all I like it a lot. Hop that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can you get a picture posted of your Storm in the snap on case?
    12-11-08 02:06 PM
    i like the silicone better
    12-11-08 02:09 PM
    well, from high impact and drops, the hard one takes the cake. But I"ve seen some screens severly scratched from dirt getting trapped under the case and rubbing against the phone. I prefer my silicone case, and may get an invisble shield as well.
    12-11-08 02:12 PM
    Can you get a picture posted of your Storm in the snap on case?
    Yeah I can after work.

12-11-08 02:13 PM
    I have the clear snap-on case sold in the verizon store. (sorry no pic) it's on the verizon website. it's saved me a few times, when I dropped it from waist level . I use my old Treo 755P holster and with the added size with the case on, it fits perfectly.
    Last edited by 2Krunk; 12-11-08 at 02:59 PM. Reason: I meant to say Treo 755p Holster, not case.
    12-11-08 02:14 PM
    Whenever my phone falls my big plastic case from Verizon comes apart. Then the phone bounces all over the floor. I don't think that really helps that much, so I just ordered a bla
    ck silicon case on ebay.

12-11-08 02:21 PM
    Not fair to compare unless you've used both but the silicon has done ok by me so far. Haven't dropped it more then a 18-24 inches though.

Nice grip while using the phone too, in my opinion.
    12-11-08 02:26 PM
    Not fair to compare unless you've used both but the silicon has done ok by me so far. Haven't dropped it more then a 18-24 inches though.

Nice grip while using the phone too, in my opinion.
    does the silicone have a hole for the headphone jack????
    12-11-08 02:32 PM
    always hard ;-)...soft sucks. nuff said. ask any girl. i know my gf perfers hard over soft any night. im talking about cases that is. lol
    Last edited by Superballs5337; 12-11-08 at 02:37 PM.
    12-11-08 02:33 PM
    My silicon case it a b*#*h to put in or take out of my pocket because it's so 'clingy'.... it's the one thing I hate about it.
    12-11-08 02:35 PM
    I had the plastic snap together case on mine for the first 2 weeks then took it off to clean it and haven't put it back on yet. That case adds too much bulk in my opinion. It feels so much better in my hand without the case on it. I will soon have a Best Skin's Even skin to protect it.
    12-11-08 02:35 PM
    I liking my silicon case so far. I tried the hard case and it's just to bulky for me.

But yeah, if ur not the careful type, the hard case is a must.

12-11-08 02:39 PM
    I've got a phantomskinz on mine and I use the Seidio spring holster. VERY nice combo.
    12-11-08 02:40 PM
    the Silc Skin colors available are horrible looking..... hopefully new color skins show up sometime soon
    12-11-08 02:53 PM
    i would think the silicone ould be better if it was droped because it would absorb the fall.... idk im still debating but thanks for the info peeps
    12-11-08 02:57 PM
    yea, the headphone jack, the usc, the speaker and the camera, and it has raised areas for the volume and convienence keys..i have a black one and like it. It grips well, but as some pointed out, almost too well if you are keeping it in your pocket, and it makes it a little difficult to fit properly in the holster.
    12-11-08 02:59 PM
    Hard Plastic Ftw
    12-11-08 03:01 PM
    I have both, but personally I use the silicone. The hard snap on are a B1tch to get off!
    12-11-08 03:02 PM
    Black silicon w/ a zagg screen shield. Looks sweet.. the silcon is supposed to be clingy. This keeps it from slipping out of your hands. Only thing I need to know is if my silicone will fit in the charging base??? anyone know? the silicone has all the holes that need to be there btw.
    12-11-08 03:03 PM
    i have had both, and IMHO the plastic case is a lot better. I hate the fact that anything in my pockets comes out when i try to take the phone out. I lost $5 the other day and i know it had to have gotten stuck on the case when i pulled the phone out. The hard case protects well and comes on/off easily enough to clean if it ever gets any dirt inside..
    12-11-08 03:13 PM
    My Verizon silicone case ripped like the 3rd day I had it. I was just taking it off the phone and it randomly ripped on the bottom left corner.
    12-11-08 03:15 PM
    Affirmitive.

Yoops. Been addressed:
    yea, the headphone jack, the usc, the speaker and the camera, and it has raised areas for the volume and convienence keys..i have a black one and like it. It grips well, but as some pointed out, almost too well if you are keeping it in your pocket, and it makes it a little difficult to fit properly in the holster.

First criticism of silicone I'll agree with, thought I still like it. My problem isn't the holster but my pocket. It grips a bit in and out, which is a very slight annoyance.

Mine is black and hasn't ripped, but maybe its special.
    Last edited by Midnight Q; 12-11-08 at 03:27 PM.
    12-11-08 03:17 PM
    I have a snap case from Sprint and it comes with a belt clip, but i just removed the clip and the black matte coating looks really good. lot's of people ask whether I bought yet another new blackberry.....
    12-11-08 03:29 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD